Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: Location-aware Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the main issue is that the Sentry mode toggle is multiple menu levels deep and there are no visual indicators to know when its enabled or not. Some kind of status or button to enable somewhere on the main screen (say a long press on the camera icon and it would change to a red icon... or something) would be excellent.

If you are a user of TeslaFi they are adding a feature that will let you do all this.

upload_2019-3-14_0-50-34.png

Reactions: preilly44
I think the main issue is that the Sentry mode toggle is multiple menu levels deep and there are no visual indicators to know when its enabled or not. Some kind of status or button to enable somewhere on the main screen (say a long press on the camera icon and it would change to a red icon... or something) would be excellent.

I would be happy if they just put the switch in the Quick Control menu.

Reactions: brandonee916
It seems like an obvious feature to add. Or at least have an 'Always Enable Sentry' mode. I'm going to guess here that the feature is still considered beta. Hence they don't want to enable it by default. Once the feature has been sufficient soaked there will be an always-on type option presented.

I also wouldn't be completely surprised to see Sentry mode be made into a monthly subscription sort of thing. Tesla could use advanced features such as remotely viewing your car's cameras, cloud backup, etc as a premium feature and charge say, $10/month for it.

As with most things Tesla, you'll have to be patient.

I also wouldn't be completely surprised to see Sentry mode be made into a monthly subscription sort of thing. Tesla could use advanced features such as remotely viewing your car's cameras, cloud backup, etc as a premium feature and charge say, $10/month for it.

This would make a lot of sense, but of course Tesla probably doesn't have the resources to devote to it. Even a feature as simple as sending the app a sequence of still photos when Sentry is activated (like even the cheapest home surveillance cameras) would be great, but not easy and could easily overwhelm Tesla's LTE bandwidth.

I'd also like to see an option for getting notifications when Sentry is activated. This could be completely useless depending on where the car was parked, but useful for deciding when to take out the drive and check footage.