Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all up in BC.
We live in Ferndale, WA our MS P85+ arrives this week. As we are so close to Vancouver I am thinking it would be quicker to use the Service Center there rather than make the trip to Seattle. Any issues with crossing the border with the MS? Thanks for any input you can provide.

I'm not in BC but have crossed the border a few times in the Model S. Having the NEXUS card helps a lot if you don't already have it. No issues other than one of the US border guards asked me about my car for easily over two minutes while people were waiting behind.

We have an awesome crew at the Tigard Service Center, and many, if not all Vancouver drivers bring their cars to this location.

They are very accommodating.

Carl is one of the head mechanics. He came from Mercedes, and is nothing but the best. Caring guy... but they're all great really.

Be sure to call ahead, as they can really be slammed from time to time. But will always make time, if you're in a real pinch, even over the weekend.

OP, I wouldn't expect anything to be different from the usual border waits (other than a curious chatty border officer!). But keep in mind that the SC is at the north end of the city so in your travel time calculations, bear in mind that you need to traverse the whole metro area south to north.

Doh!

Now that would make more sense. I couldn't quite understand the hesitation otherwise.
It's still worth a drive (our service guys here). ;)

I drive daily to the "couv"... Vancouver WA, so I have that version stuck in my head.

Regarding the Vancouver confusion: Vancouver WA has that name because it's the location of Fort Vancouver, a (former) Hudson's Bay Company trading post. It was named after (British) Captain George Vancouver, as was Vancouver Island and (confusingly, much later) Vancouver, B.C.

Fort Vancouver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oregon Country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Columbia District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oregon Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, the U.S. claimed as far north as 54 deg 40', the British as far south as 42 deg. The issue was settled in 1846. This is all well before Canada existed in anything close to its current form; Confederation was in 1867, and British Columbia joined in 1871. And of course Alaska was Russian territory at the time.

Imagine if the British had ended up with what is now Washington State. Or if the U.S. had ended up with what is now British Columbia.

My apologies. I now return you to the original question: nope, no problem crossing the border, why would there be any problem specific to the Model S? The nice thing is that you can sit in line not polluting.