Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ferrari 488 vs Tesla P100D PreEaster Egg ;)

Admins should have Tesla Vs other cars Thread?!

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why did they give the Ferrari such a huge head start? That was almost a whole second it seemed.
Not a headstart
If you listen to the video you'll know that it was a launch control that was released a little too early and maybe the Tesla had a bad reaction time too!

But ultimately That Ferrari 488 had ZERO TO 60 3 SEC & Quarter Mile of 10.45 sec so should be faster than Tesla!!!

But hello that's one of the fastest Ferraris out there now and up above all 2 seater and doesn't even have a fraction of the Tech that a base Tesla offers!!

Not a headstart
If you listen to the video you'll know that it was a launch control that was released a little too early and maybe the Tesla had a bad reaction time too!

But ultimately That Ferrari 488 had ZERO TO 60 3 SEC & Quarter Mile of 10.45 sec so should be faster than Tesla!!!

But hello that's one of the fastest Ferraris out there now and up above all 2 seater and doesn't even have a fraction of the Tech that a base Tesla offers!!

Would have been nice if they could have gotten a clean launch from both cars if they were going to post a video about it.

Reactions: Navyguy
it's pretty clear in the video what each has, if I had just launched like normal the 488 would have been far behind and you wouldn't see anything.... waiting for him to go first was the best option as he was new to driving the car.... it was .3 seconds....

Would have been nice if they could have gotten a clean launch from both cars if they were going to post a video about it.

That is hilarious! Can the timers recalculate the time each car starts moving? This would eliminate the 'false' starts but removes the drama of the 'race.'

At most drag strips the timer starts when your tire crosses the light beam at the starting line, not when the light turns green. So you could sit there until the other guy is 1/2 way down the track and it wouldn't affect your 1/4 mile time. It would just show up in the reaction time.

At most drag strips the timer starts when your tire crosses the light beam at the starting line, not when the light turns green. So you could sit there until the other guy is 1/2 way down the track and it wouldn't affect your 1/4 mile time. It would just show up in the reaction time.
Not true at all, otherwise reaction times would never matter, in fact usually some races come down TO The RT

@fiksegts,

Why does it say Ferrari won by 0.02 seconds in the video at 0:55? The finishing times were 11.157 seconds for the Ferrari and 10.835 seconds for the Tesla. Tesla was 11.157-10.835=0.322 seconds faster and won the race. I don't understand your video.

It was first time the owner of the Ferrari had drag raced it, I waited a bit for him to be ready and launch, in doing so, he got a slight head start and ended up crossing the finish line first... If I had done my normal race, my reaction time would have been much better and he would have lost pretty bad, as the actual times indicate...

in summary, you can have a quicker car and still lose the race if you have a bad reaction time...

@fiksegts,

Why does it say Ferrari won by 0.02 seconds in the video at 0:55? The finishing times were 11.157 seconds for the Ferrari and 10.835 seconds for the Tesla. Tesla was 11.157-10.835=0.322 seconds faster and won the race. I don't understand your video.