Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Contract?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, All.

I reached out to the Tesla rep who I test drove with two days ago and he said he'd reach out to my delivery team regarding the final contract. I'm picking up the car next Tuesday and my credit union needs a contract to move forward. When should I expect the contract?

If you ordered the car through a SA (instead of online), this is something that you will have to hound them about. At least, I had to.

I was in the same boat with my credit union. Once I told Tesla that I couldn't get them their money without a full, complete, and accurate Purchase Agreement, things moved forward. I received a total of five PA's that weren't accurate. Trying to get the first PA was hard... trying to get them to get me a correct PA proved to be an act of God.

Keep after them. It's a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" kind of thing with them.

Reactions: bimmerbahn
If you ordered the car through a SA (instead of online), this is something that you will have to hound them about. At least, I had to.

I was in the same boat with my credit union. Once I told Tesla that I couldn't get them their money without a full, complete, and accurate Purchase Agreement, things moved forward. I received a total of five PA's that weren't accurate. Trying to get the first PA was hard... trying to get them to get me a correct PA proved to be an act of God.

Keep after them. It's a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" kind of thing with them.

Man, thats not encouraging, I guess when a company doesn't have any competition their customer service can be sh%$. Thanks for the information, I sent an email.

Man, thats not encouraging, I guess when a company doesn't have any competition their customer service can be sh%$. Thanks for the information, I sent an email.
In addition to the email, I'd call. I found that the best way was to send an email, then five minutes later, call the email's recipient on the phone. Ask them to pull up the email that you just sent, give them a minute to read it, then ask them what they will do about it, and ask (no, insist) on a timeline for action. If they fail to meet that timeline, you need to repeat the above steps.

Purchasing a Tesla was the worst customer service experience I have ever had. In fact, I never would have accepted it for any other car in the past. But this car is just so good, that the bitter taste of the purchasing experience is rapidly forgotten once you're finally behind the wheel. Yeah, the car is that good.

I would've called the whole thing off very early in the process for any other car.

When I got my VIN on the Account page, I called the Service/Delivery center and asked if they could please expedite the Purchase Agreement so that I could finalize the financing side. Ten minutes later, I had the complete contract available for download. Call your SC and pick the option for New Vehicle Delivery; that's what worked for me.

I got the purchase agreement after emailing two different places. I told them I needed the PA today if I was going to take delivery Tuesday. I’ve tried to call the service station where I picking up the car several times and left messages with no response. I don’t expect or need someone to hold my hand, I’ve bought lots of expensive things but I do expect competency. I should of cancelled my order but I’ve already sold my car and don’t want the hassle of changing gears at this point.

It’s too bad Tesla doesn’t care about customer service. It’s not complicated, just a bit of communication is all that’s required.

I’m sure I’ll love the car but I know now I’ll never be a fanboy of Tesla. Tesla has had no competition and that’s soon to change, if they don’t catch up with the customer service aspect they’ll be left in the dust.

The M3 Performance, whats the abbreviation for that?
Oh, if it were only that simple! ;)

It depends on what version of the Performance you're getting. If you're getting the Model 3 Performance with the Performance upgrade package, it's the P3D+, or M3P+, or just M3P. If you're getting a Model 3 Performance without the Performance upgrade package (which isn't going to be the case if you're ordering a car to be built), then it's a P3D-, usually, but some guys use other abbreviations for it on occasion.

There will be a test on this later. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: RScottyL
Oh, if it were only that simple! ;)

It depends on what version of the Performance you're getting. If you're getting the Model 3 Performance with the Performance upgrade package, it's the P3D+, or M3P+, or just M3P. If you're getting a Model 3 Performance without the Performance upgrade package (which isn't going to be the case if you're ordering a car to be built), then it's a P3D-, usually, but some guys use other abbreviations for it on occasion.

There will be a test on this later. ;)
Ok, I think I've got it. I'm going to use M3P:)