Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final thoughts - what I'm thinking on the train to pick up my 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(First off, regrets to all those who still haven't heard from Tesla - I hope ur car comes soon!)

My waiting comes to an end tomorrow morning. And a new journey begins. As I take a peaceful train ride from Ottawa to the Tesla pickup centre in Toronto, the following are on my mind:
  1. What is the first song I'll play in my 3? Music is important to me. And the 3 PUP has an amazing sound system. I have moved many times over the years, and each time I set up my sound system, which song I play first is memorable. This time I think I'll play Road to Happiness, which is a song my 25-year-old, music composer son wrote and recorded a few years ago (yup, I'm super proud of him). What was the first song you played in your Tesla?
  2. Tesla has missed a huge after-market opportunity! Someone needs to sell a megaphone that plays an engine revving - otherwise, how do all Mustangs and Challengers know we want to race our feeble sedan against them off the line?? Bonus if, instead of it sounding like a low, guteral Ferrari V12 or Corvette V8, it sounds like a Trabant. Or a Pinto. What after-market prop do you think is missing?
  3. Many of you have been waiting for a Tesla for years. My obsession only goes back to January of this year. But I gotta say, the visceral excitement I've had reminds me of being a 6-year-old kid on Christmas Eve. It's electric (pun intended). I'm kinda ashamed that I'm this excited about a thing, a car, but I am. I tell myself it's because I feel like I'm contributing to saving the planet, doing something for my two baby granddaughter twins, but I could have done more by just biking and taking public transit. Still, I'm thrilled. I'm going to enjoy it. I just hope my buyer's remorse isn't as severe as I've had for "things" in the past! What do you feel about getting a Tesla?

First song I'll play (assuming I remember I said this):

Journey - Faithfully

"Highway run, into the midnight sun. Wheels go round and round, you're on my mind"

When the drum roll kicks in I expect to be on the highway doing around 130-140 :)

After market option I want:

Forget fake v12 sounds....I want Speakers playing the horse trotting sound from Monty Python quest for the Holy Grail :) For when I want to lay the smack down off the line :rolleyes:

"You're just beating two coconuts together!"

What do I feel about getting a tesla?

Like I'm a millionaire of course.... Because I am (not) :p

I don't remember my first song.....

Every night its an excitement about what I'm going to play in the morning.

I try not to go tooo fast in my P3D+ because that shortens the time I spend inside......unless...….I make 2 u-turns in order to elongate the trip.

Notice I said..."time I spend inside" instead of saying "time I spend driving" because EAP is phenomenal....lol

Reactions: jkirkwood001