Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally delivery day is here...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day came to take delivery after 2 years, 2 months, and 11 days at Costa Mesa yesterday. Car is in perfect shape even the VIN was 16300. Delivery was very smooth, may be due my 2 years reading about it. Autopilot kicked after 22 miles and is active even on certain surface streets. Auto summon and park are not active My 1st 150 miles average is 234 wh/m combined surface and hwy drive even at speed as high 75. I like the ride and road hogging in turns. No noticeable noise at all speeds. One minor issue is that home link will auto open the garage but not close it (any insights or experience?)

....Finally a happy customer....

Trying to fill in CA clean Vehicle rebate form that requires dealership info (contact name, phone, title, and zip code). I tried the Costa Mesa zip code but form auto fill can't find any dealers in that zip. I know Tesla has no dealers but any help to get around that entry is appreciated.

It’s not like I’m counting the days down for my own delivery, but your delay was 2 years 1 month 11 days from reservation to delivery. That isn’t NEAR as bad as you made it out to be! :p

I’ve read too many (more than one) instance on TMC with a garage door auto-closing onto the car. I do not plan on using the auto open/close feature because of this.

Enjoy the car and good luck on figuring out the rebate form.

It’s not like I’m counting the days down for my own delivery, but your delay was 2 years 1 month 11 days from reservation to delivery. That isn’t NEAR as bad as you made it out to be! :p

I’ve read too many (more than one) instance on TMC with a garage door auto-closing onto the car. I do not plan on using the auto open/close feature because of this.

Enjoy the car and good luck on figuring out the rebate form.

You are right, I miscalculate. My garage has a safety feature to re-open in case there is any item in there.

Trying to fill in CA clean Vehicle rebate form that requires dealership info (contact name, phone, title, and zip code). I tried the Costa Mesa zip code but form auto fill can't find any dealers in that zip. I know Tesla has no dealers but any help to get around that entry is appreciated.

It's not the costa mesa zip code. It should be the Fremont one, I think it should be listed on your MVPA.
I think the contact name and phone are optional. I didn't fill those in... full disclosure: I haven't actually received my rebate yet.

Also, from experience, if you wait until after you purchase your car to file for the CA clean vehicle rebate (I believe San Diego residents can file before you actually get the car), be sure you print out the application form AFTER the actual delivery date. My application has been delayed because we printed out the form 2 days before we actually took delivery.

One minor issue is that home link will auto open the garage but not close it (any insights or experience?)

I had to back away very slowly in order to get home link to auto close the garage door. This was my routine: back away a few inches, stop, back away a few more inches, stop, back away a few more inches, stop....and even then it didn't work 100% of the time. As a previous poster mentioned, I also turned off the auto open/close feature just in case. I think one time I confused the system. I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but I had forgotten some things at home so I rushed back. I parked in the driveway instead of the garage and when I left, home link opened the garage instead of closing it. Luckily I noticed and also we have the garage door on a timer that closes itself after 10 minutes. But it just seemed like those edge cases could potentially cause headaches.

Use the Fremont or headquarters address, I can't remember which one I used but there was no issue. No interest in the auto garage door functions, I can handle tapping the screen and I don't always want my door to open or close for that matter.

The day came to take delivery after 2 years, 2 months, and 11 days at Costa Mesa yesterday. Car is in perfect shape even the VIN was 16300. Delivery was very smooth, may be due my 2 years reading about it. Autopilot kicked after 22 miles and is active even on certain surface streets. Auto summon and park are not active My 1st 150 miles average is 234 wh/m combined surface and hwy drive even at speed as high 75. I like the ride and road hogging in turns. No noticeable noise at all speeds. One minor issue is that home link will auto open the garage but not close it (any insights or experience?)

....Finally a happy customer....
Congratulations on your M3. I didnt know M3 has summon feature, I thought it was only for MS