Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 RWD Delivery Today [01.26.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Everything was perfect so we accepted delivery within 30 minutes.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

Tomorrow I'm getting the gen 3 charger installed.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

Fingers crossed for continued good luck and quality!

20230126_175231.jpg

Congrats on the new car! When did you place the order! I placed an order for the exact same car (with the black interior) on the 20th and can’t wait to get mine. Did the car veer while you were on autopilot?
I placed he order on January 13th as soon as the discount started.

Yes my car veered and slowed down slightly when somebody swerved into my lane just ahead of me. It was a perfect response I certainly couldn't have done it better myself. There was zero overreaction!

Also considering I have a little tight squeeze because the car is a little longer than expected, I ordered a garage parking assist. Looks kind of cool it shines lasers down from the top to mark certain points on your dash for reference. Only $29 so we'll give it a try

GoodChief Universal Garage Laser Line Parking Assis​

Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Everything was perfect so we accepted delivery within 30 minutes.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

Tomorrow I'm getting the gen 3 charger installed.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

Fingers crossed for continued good luck and quality!
Love the red! Congrats! I’m scheduled to pick up mine on Monday, 1/30/23!!!

For parking assist in a garage you can also hang a tennis ball from the ceiling to touch your windshield when you pulled in where you want to be.
Tesla went from parking sensors to cost cutting and now people are using tennis balls. Says a lot about a once forward thinking company quickly becoming another automaker. They need to get back on top before one of the legacy auto makers leaves them in the dust. I've a 2020 with sensors and I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money again on a car without something as basic as parking sensors in 2023.

Tesla went from parking sensors to cost cutting and now people are using tennis balls. Says a lot about a once forward thinking company quickly becoming another automaker. They need to get back on top before one of the legacy auto makers leaves them in the dust. I've a 2020 with sensors and I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money again on a car without something as basic as parking sensors in 2023.
I'm just going to make the best of it especially in my garage. I want to enjoy the time I have with it and also believe that Elon will fix things long-term.

Either way it's one hell of a car!

Good luck

Attachments

• 16749424575838671551670665521374.jpg
    16749424575838671551670665521374.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,170
Reactions: George75
Congrats on the new car we’re all extremely excited for you! I’m currently debating trading in my 2020 M3 SR+ but I’m not quite sure I understand the EV tax credit, would someone mind explaining it to me? I’ve read so many Reddit posts and articles, but still don’t understand how you actually get the $7500

As far as the tax credit I'm not exactly 100% sure. However it's my understanding next year whatever taxes that that you owe are offseted by up to 7,500.

So if you have paid 2000 in taxes during the year but owe another 1000 when you file your taxes that you would get a refund for $2000 the money that you've paid in. Then the $1,000 that you would normally would have had to pay is offset by the credit.

It's a credit for taxes that you owe in total up to 7500.

This is my understanding but I could be absolutely wrong so seek an accountants advice

did you guys get a $200 coupon for a charger from Tesla? i booked mine this week and a friend tole me to wait as tesla will send a coupon when they assign a VIN. not sure if if they will still send after the discounts were announced.

did you guys get a $200 coupon for a charger from Tesla? i booked mine this week and a friend tole me to wait as tesla will send a coupon when they assign a VIN. not sure if if they will still send after the discounts were announced.
We received our code after we took delivery. FWIW our Power Co-Op paid the for the entire cost of a Wall Charger as well.

Congrats on the new car we’re all extremely excited for you! I’m currently debating trading in my 2020 M3 SR+ but I’m not quite sure I understand the EV tax credit, would someone mind explaining it to me? I’ve read so many Reddit posts and articles, but still don’t understand how you actually get the $7500
When you file taxes for 2023, you will fill out a tax form for the electric vehicle credit, you can just search for it in turbo tax. It will apply a 7500 credit towards your total liability so you will probably get a large refund check back depending on your tax liability.