Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally hit the 1/4 mile with my 21P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do me a favour and do a few hits tomorrow with the car in "creep", let me know if it hits harder than launching from "hold"
The real test is whether somebody can prove any of this with draggy or timing gear. I think I remember somewhere somebody did some tests of launching in various modes including track mode, slip start, creep and hold and found no difference but I can't find that link.

Has anyone played around with tire size and seeing if that has an effect? I could see it accounting for more rotating mass and hitting harder if it is somewhat software based, or seeing 'track package' wheels and hitting harder if it's a bit of a marketing ploy.

Has anyone played around with tire size and seeing if that has an effect? I could see it accounting for more rotating mass and hitting harder if it is somewhat software based, or seeing 'track package' wheels and hitting harder if it's a bit of a marketing ploy.

I removed 48 pounds of mass between the wheels and rotors, and switched to a stickier tire. absolutely no difference in 0-60 times, not even 1/10 second. The motors' output is electronically limited, not traction limited.

Even the new plaid is limited to 400hp up to around 40mph before ramping up to the full 1000hp according to tesla's data on the screen during the reveal party.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt
So I just came home from work and made the switch from "hold" to "creep" and did a few quick 30 jabs. I dunno if it's just me, but the car hits harder off launch with creep engaged. I'm gonna measure my 0-60s over the next few days and see if there's a measurable differance. Wondering if the brake bein applied while in hold at a stop affects launch from 0.
These are the kind of life pro tips I joined the forums for. Note to self: creep on to scare the passengers.

I removed 48 pounds of mass between the wheels and rotors, and switched to a stickier tire. absolutely no difference in 0-60 times, not even 1/10 second. The motors' output is electronically limited, not traction limited.

Even the new plaid is limited to 400hp up to around 40mph before ramping up to the full 1000hp according to tesla's data on the screen during the reveal party.
See comments like this save me a stupid amount of money. ha ha
I'm thinking my OEM wheels will turn into winter tires and I'll get something else for summers. If there's no benefit to light forged wheels, I might not.

• Funny
Reactions: Sam1
See comments like this save me a stupid amount of money. ha ha
I'm thinking my OEM wheels will turn into winter tires and I'll get something else for summers. If there's no benefit to light forged wheels, I might not.

Lesson learned for me too. but instead of just making assumptions, I like to test things out. Have plans to test some other things out on the new car when it arrives, and that will probably be a waste of money too, but oh well...you can always make more money later.

Reactions: CorneliusRox
Lesson learned for me too. but instead of just making assumptions, I like to test things out. Have plans to test some other things out on the new car when it arrives, and that will probably be a waste of money too, but oh well...you can always make more money later.
I hear ya. That's usually my mindset too. I had quite a few parts waiting in my garage before the car even showed! 😁

Reactions: Sam1
you underspent on the brakes and wheels....
setup? M3P?

i would say that you need to have a M3P and utilize track mode..but i dont see how how you managed to not improve with standard racing improvements..

its not just "telsa"...they are crushing autocross
"underspent" with $2000 rotors lol. How much were the aftermarket rotors on yours? Also, just because the wheels didn't cost $5000, doesn't mean they are not 17.3 pound t6061 monoblock forged wheels (also lol).

No offense, but it sounds like you're not even sure what you're talking about. I have a performance, and track mode in many instances actually make the car slower, except on a road course.

Reactions: GAGT
i said when the turns start broseph... you need $10,000 rotors to make you go faster in a straight line lolololol
if i wanted straight line speed, i would have bought a cybertruck..

so did you road course your m3p before and after? if not, you dont know if your upgrades did anything for you... and if so, your the only one without improvements? What tires did you use for testing purposes and what was the wheel spec?

i dont believe i ever disagreed with you.