Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally joined the Gang !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After pre-ordering 2 Model 3s, I have decided to order a Model S along with it so that my pre-order gets bumped to a priority group. Well, also I didn't like the front end of M3 which convinced my self that it is the right thing to do...

I have been living all over the place but finally settled in Bay area where EV makes perfect sense.
Cannot wait to get my MS!!!

Reactions: eye.surgeon
After pre-ordering 2 Model 3s, I have decided to order a Model S along with it so that my pre-order gets bumped to a priority group. Well, also I didn't like the front end of M3 which convinced my self that it is the right thing to do...

I have been living all over the place but finally settled in Bay area where EV makes perfect sense.

Good for you!! Keep us posted on how your ordering process goes. I recently ordered MS (very similar to yours), and don't have a delivery date yet. The scuttlebutt is that maybe recent orders (I'm guessing after April 15) get some new features, or face-lift, or something.

Congrats and welcome to the Tesla family! You are going to love cruising on AP while listening to your high fidelity sound system in your neg gen seats. I preordered 2 Model 3s as well, we'll see what part 2 brings!

Congratulations! How about the pano roof? Are you going to do the factory tour before/after deliver?

In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?

The pano roof does help for forward headroom as well as aft. I'd be in trouble without the additional clearance enabled by the pano. Plus I use coat hooks frequently.

If you're really into clean, accurate sound, consider a Reus Audio upgrade for that factory-upgraded audio. It transfers from car to car so it'll be the last set of components you buy. Ask for Cliff. Easy drive from the Bay Area, plus he'll quite probably be at TMC Connect and could bring the needful, as it were, presuming you're planning to attend in a few months.

Your car won't be ready in time for the Sound of Silence (3rd Annual Black Hills Tesla Rally) in late May, but do pencil it in for next year - it's an absolute must-do event, even if you don't stay at the Rocket Motel where Elon and family stayed, which, in conjunction with a proactive Chamber of Commerce and active Colorado/Wyoming owners clubs, is what started the whole thing. It's also an easy, superchargers all the way road trip, with proximity to more sightseeing than you'll be able to fit in (Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, multiple caves, Needles State Park, and so forth).

In other words, welcome to the club. Whether you do all or none of the above, there is clearly no better car on the planet. Nicely done.

Reactions: Maximus8
Welcome !!!!! You may surely get similar reactions from people, it is almost just another car. Unless a person is aware of the company or likes cars in general I have not had many ooh's and ahh's when around town. The first generation 2012 folks surely had a TON of that though.
Great build, if we didn't get an inventory car yours would have been the one I build, but include the D, we live in New England.

Enjoy the drives where ever you go !!!

P.S. I don't mind if you cancel your Model 3 order, I'll get mine sooner! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Model S M.D.