Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance check issue.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jpmxch

Feb 13, 2022
NYC
I am looking to pick up my MY this weekend however PenFED sent the check made payable to Tesla and my name. Tesla advisor says the check will not be accepted and PenFED says they work with Tesla all the time and always issues check made payable to both parties. I am lost and may need to find another bank. Any help is appreciated.

I am looking to pick up my MY this weekend however PenFED sent the check made payable to Tesla and my name. Tesla advisor says the check will not be accepted and PenFED says they work with Tesla all the time and always issues check made payable to both parties. I am lost and may need to find another bank. Any help is appreciated.
I think you need to find a new car dealer.

Who doesn’t accept a bank check? That’s how I’ve paid for all my Teslas.

With a two party check, you both need to sign it assuming it’s made out to you AND Tesla. If it’s made out to you OR Tesla, either party can sign.

Reactions: Fairchild
I think you need to find a new car dealer.

Who doesn’t accept a bank check? That’s how I’ve paid for all my Teslas.

With a two party check, you both need to sign it assuming it’s made out to you AND Tesla. If it’s made out to you OR Tesla, either party can sign.
Yes it's made out to myself and Tesla. Hopefully I can get them to take the check!