Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Rates on Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience here. I was approved for 2.75% for 60 months back in March for MY. Today I sent an email to [email protected] and they replied within 5 mins and dropped the rate to 2.34% with chase.

5 mins response time was a big surprise. :D

That's a great rate. I just emailed them too. lets see what they say. I'd love to do my financing with Chase, since I already bank and use their cards

Within an hour of emailing Tesla finance asking them to run my loan through Chase my rate was lowered to 2.24% with Chase. I have my personal and business accounts with them and am delighted to have this loan with them. Thanks to all that are part of this forum. You've helped make getting reasonable financing easy. Now all I need is the MY.

I just quickly wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread. I had recently received approval for 72 months at 3.25% through Wells Fargo for my Model Y. After reading this thread I sent an e-mail and with in 6 minutes had a reply and a new rate of 2.39% through Chase for 72 months, and it actually reduced my amount financed by $1,500 to my originally requested amount.

Thanks again everyone!

Reactions: Croathlete
I just quickly wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread. I had recently received approval for 72 months at 3.25% through Wells Fargo for my Model Y. After reading this thread I sent an e-mail and with in 6 minutes had a reply and a new rate of 2.39% through Chase for 72 months, and it actually reduced my amount financed by $1,500 to my originally requested amount.

Thanks again everyone!

Easy money!

I just applied with Tesla Finance, and was approved with US Bank at 2.99%
I just emailed finance requesting to rerun through Chase. Now waiting to hear back.
Oddly enough, I never heard back on my initial finance request. I just went into the portal 20-30 minutes later and saw I needed to accept terms for US Bank.

***UPDATE***
Was approved through Chase but at a 3.09% rate. Emailed Tesla Finance and requested they reset it to US Bank at 2.99%.

Again, no email communications other than Tesla Finance coming back saying it was reverted back to US Bank.

Last edited:
I applied with Tesla Finance and was approved with the standard 2.99% through US Bank.

I definitely want to check with other lenders, but unsure of what to specifically ask for in my email. Should I request they run the loan through my bank? It seems many of you are having luck with Chase, but I don't bank with them.

I'd appreciate advice on how to craft the request.

Tesla does their financing through 3 (that I have heard of) lenders: Chase, Wellsfargo, and US. You can email them and ask them to run it again with another one of their lenders to see if you can get a better rate. You don't need to specify.