Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA Canadian advice - labor rate / seeking repair shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone , new poster and owner of a Model 3 . I am based in the GTA and travel between Toronto and Niagara frequently. I am looking for a trusted repair facility to take care of maintenance , diagnostic and upgrades for my 3. Was hoping to find a repair shop around Oakville / Burlington but willing to travel for the right services.

I have received insane baseless quotes from the dealer at high labor rates .

Let me know if you know of a private shop , their skills and rates
Also interested to hear about labor rates at your service center , not the best for me in Oakville.

Thanks

What kind of maintenance are you looking to get done? Tires, alignment? There’s very minimal “regular” maintenance that is needed.

If it’s a new car, you have your new car warranty anyway.

Beyond just a trusted shop, you want a shop that has experience working with Teslas. Something as simple as jacking up a Tesla can be nerve-racking for some. Hint: the battery is not a load-bearing structural component.

Last edited:
What kind of maintenance are you looking to get done? Tires, alignment? There’s very minimal “regular” maintenance that is needed.

If it’s a new car, you have your new car warranty anyway.

Beyond just a trusted shop, you want a shop that has experience working with Teslas. Something as simple as jacking up a Tesla can be nerve-racking for some. Hint: the battery is not a load-bearing structural component.
That’s a great point , in my district there has been previous issues with rusted components , front end noise amongst other issues . Was just looking for suggestions of 3rd party who can perform and their labor rate . Aswell as labor rates at your own service center to compare to mine . Thanks