Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! My wife and I are coming back to Canada after living abroad (UK) for the last 5 years. We want to apply for a lease as soon as we get back. Do you think the 5-year gap in credit history will be an issue?
Depends what your credit was like prior to leaving. I’m a. Mortgage broker so I’m somewhat familiar with clients who are new to the country or are returning with gaps in timelines for recent credit.

Shoot me a PM if you wish!

Depends what your credit was like prior to leaving. I’m a. Mortgage broker so I’m somewhat familiar with clients who are new to the country or are returning with gaps in timelines for recent credit.

Shoot me a PM if you wish!
That sounds great - thank you for the quick reply! I called one of the shops in Toronto last week and they said it should be fine, echoing your response.

Hi everyone! Can a Canadian returning to Canada from abroad, lease a Tesla and pick it up using a foreign license (UK)? Or, do I have to have the paper one and use that while waiting to reissue the proper license? Turns out Canada cancelled licenses after five years haha.