Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a weird questions but I can't find any answer on Google.

I'm currently applying for a car loan and I was wondering if my wife's salary should be included in anyway?
Do I say my mortgage is half of what it really is since she pays half of it?

Or do I just act as if I will pay the both the car and the house on my own salary ?
Do NOT lie about your mortgage. Nothing good would come of that. Most banks would specify household income but if you’re uncertain it’s best to ask them.

Do NOT lie about your mortgage. Nothing good would come of that. Most banks would specify household income but if you’re uncertain it’s best to ask them.
It makes sense. Thank you for the tip. It's my first time applying for a car loan, so wasn't really sure if my wife's salary should be included or not.

I was approved by Royal Bank of Canada 72 months, 6.59% APR. We plan to pay the car in the first year anyway, but still, 6.59% is really high.

I'll give them a call to see if I can go lower by including my wife's information or by going for a lower or higher number of months.

It makes sense. Thank you for the tip. It's my first time applying for a car loan, so wasn't really sure if my wife's salary should be included or not.

I was approved by Royal Bank of Canada 72 months, 6.59% APR. We plan to pay the car in the first year anyway, but still, 6.59% is really high.

I'll give them a call to see if I can go lower by including my wife's information or by going for a lower or higher number of months.
It’s far easier and better if you just email [email protected] response is usually pretty quick

Yep just got confirmation from Tesla that rates have gone up! I think this means banks are predicting an increase from bank of Canada as well!
Did you happen to get the newest low rate? I got 5.74 on April 25th. Curious to know why it's going to be more than .25 which, even now isn't expected to happen until July. I personally think the rates will hold, but I guess we'll see.

Did you happen to get the newest low rate? I got 5.74 on April 25th. Curious to know why it's going to be more than .25 which, even now isn't expected to happen until July. I personally think the rates will hold, but I guess we'll see.
Ur 5.74% is still valid till July

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpeg
    IMG_1829.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 88
Anyone know if rates can be affected mid-month? BoC raised rates another .25% because of course they did. 5.74% seems like a dream at this point.

*Edit*

I can confirm what Simon said above. I just asked the finance people about a new rate, and they let me know that my 5.74 rate is good until mid-July.

Last edited:
Anyone know if rates can be affected mid-month? BoC raised rates another .25% because of course they did. 5.74% seems like a dream at this point.

*Edit*

I can confirm what Simon said above. I just asked the finance people about a new rate, and they let me know that my 5.74 rate is good until mid-July.
Hey, did the Finance people tell you why the statement says rate is valid for 30 days…but in this case the rate is held for 90 days since the application?

It seems many people have also mentioned their rate “expired” in the past but mine is still showing the previous rate from 30+ days in the account as well.

Hey, did the Finance people tell you why the statement says rate is valid for 30 days…but in this case the rate is held for 90 days since the application?

It seems many people have also mentioned their rate “expired” in the past but mine is still showing the previous rate from 30+ days in the account as well.
I didn't ask, unfortunately. I'm still seeing 5.74 in my profile and first applied for a Model 3 on April 12th. I assume that means my rate expires July 12th give or take a few days. Or maybe the finance person was mistaken, but I really hope not.

Someone told me Tesla loans, whether it’s Scotia or RBC etc, are too heavy interest.

Meaning, you pay mostly the interest at the beginning of your loan.

Let’s look at mine:

Started at 85,000 initial 8 months (payments) ago

Payments are 1100/mo

Current balance : 80,312

5.66%

Any finance experts in the house can explain?

Someone told me Tesla loans, whether it’s Scotia or RBC etc, are too heavy interest.

Meaning, you pay mostly the interest at the beginning of your loan.

Let’s look at mine:

Started at 85,000 initial 8 months (payments) ago

Payments are 1100/mo

Current balance : 80,312

5.66%

Any finance experts in the house can explain?
not all of your payments go to principal.