Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just emailed the finance guy in California who's been quoting me on rates then. see what he says.

Got response already if anyone needs it.
Royal Bank of Canada
155 Wellington St W
Toronto, ON
M5J 1J1

Great ! Thanks. The Cali finance guys are awesome with communication. From the time the my link opened until I was approved, with call and emails in between, was like 30 minutes.

Great ! Thanks. The Cali finance guys are awesome with communication. From the time the my link opened until I was approved, with call and emails in between, was like 30 minutes.

Actually my DA answered before the Cali guy did but they've BOTH been amazing. They've been so efficient answering all my questions, providing quotes etc. For dealing with 200 people+ they've been superb. I might get a gift card for Aaron at the Lawrence location just because he's been so good when i get my car in a few weeks.

Reactions: 03DSG
Just got access to the financing page for my Model 3, does the $$ we put down already count with regards to the downpayment question on the form? Or is in addition to that amount?

Thanks!
It would be in addition. Once you specify a % of down payment you'll get a Loan quote back but you'll end up going back and forth with a finance guy in California. Once I told my DA I wanted to change the deposit amount he quickly connected me with someone in Cali to make changes.

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG and balzary
Well, I got a call from my mortgage agent who suggested to move from Scotia (3%) variable to TD 2.45% variable .

TD will take care of all the appraisal and lawyer cost and agent will take 50% of the penalty cost from scotia. Substantial saving for me.

I happen to tell him about my plan for Tesla loan and he suggested to add that amount as well in mortgage move to TD.

Essentially I am getting car loan at 2.45% and reduction in my home mortgage payment.

Seems good deal to me.

Tesla credit app only had terms 0-72. Is this common? how come i'm reading folks here getting 84+?
Also, has anyone tried 0% down? Do they count the total amount requested as the total price of the car without the 3200+1000 deposit? if so, can we specific that as the down?

One comment on the car loan at 2.45% above - you can only do lump sums equal to 10% a year like TD's mortgages; you can't pay it off any faster than that. I did something similar with my S and my HELOC. So if you think you're going to sell the car before the term is up, you'll have penalties. That's why I'm sticking with Royal's 3.99% - I can pay it all off anytime(ie sell the car after a year to qualify for the rebate).

Tesla credit app only had terms 0-72. Is this common? how come i'm reading folks here getting 84+?
Also, has anyone tried 0% down? Do they count the total amount requested as the total price of the car without the 3200+1000 deposit? if so, can we specific that as the down?
You can type in the term you want, likely up to 96 months - at least on my application you could which I assume is the same for all. I emailed the Tesla advisor for rates from RBC, after loan acceptance, from 60 months to 84months with small increments for each 12 months. I am pretty sure they will do 96 months too, though I wouldn't look at that length myself. I went in with 0% down on my application - the amount down does NOT affect the interest rate you get the advisor told me. They will deduct the $4200 from the total amount of the loan. Configuration total including freight/pdi, plus tax, plus fees (approx. $300), less $4200. Hope that helps!

If I already picked cash but want to look into financing how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff
I did the same initially. I got my first call from a DS in Fremont about our Model 3 delivery. I told her that I might want to finance through Tesla and asked her to open the Payment Method section and she did it for me remotely. Now im just waiting for them to give me financing/loan options. That was on Wednesday, should be hearing back from them today.

Thank you

I did the same initially. I got my first call from a DS in Fremont about our Model 3 delivery. I told her that I might want to finance through Tesla and asked her to open the Payment Method section and she did it for me remotely. Now im just waiting for them to give me financing/loan options. That was on Wednesday, should be hearing back from them today.

Thank you