Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you all apply for financing when ordering the car? I was under the impression that the approval and the rate is only good for 90 days yet the delivery for the car is around 6 months right now.

How does this work?
Don’t apply yet. The approval is good for 90 days and the rate is only good for 30 days. I just set ”buy in cash” option in my profile then got my SA to switch it to the financing option closer to delivery.

Reactions: 03DSG
Did you all apply for financing when ordering the car? I was under the impression that the approval and the rate is only good for 90 days yet the delivery for the car is around 6 months right now.

How does this work?

It has been documented here, and even my advisor said last week, that you should not apply until you get a VIN. For some reason, it appears faster to get matched to in order if you do not list financing. And once you get a VIN, they can then switch it to financing. This week, I got my VIN on Wednesday afternoon, and the financing was approved by Thursday morning.

Interesting. I was offered 2.85 with BMO for 96 months with more down.

Same. Initially they wanted 15k down. Told them to go fly a kite lol. (Basically resubmitted from tesla at oakville live with notes from the sales guy stating our savings in rrsp, TfSA, and equities. Basically showing them more strength and they came back with 6.1k. Could have argued it more but gives a payment of $900 even tax in. Works. 55k CCA in year one is a beautiful thing :)

The 2.35 is normally take but probably easier to just buy this open loan out at 1.3% on a heloc equity line. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Same. Initially they wanted 15k down. Told them to go fly a kite lol. (Basically resubmitted from tesla at oakville live with notes from the sales guy stating our savings in rrsp, TfSA, and equities. Basically showing them more strength and they came back with 6.1k. Could have argued it more but gives a payment of $900 even tax in. Works. 55k CCA in year one is a beautiful thing :)

The 2.35 is normally take but probably easier to just buy this open loan out at 1.3% on a heloc equity line. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Hmm, I’ll give me SA a shout. I can definitely show more asset data if they will allow me.

Hi guys, new to Tesla and the whole auto finance thing. Car is scheduled for end of year so I thought I'd take a look at my options. I want to go through Tesla financing and looks like from the thread here, BMO, Scotia, and RBC are the banks that offer through Tesla. Have a couple of questions hoping someone could help me out...

1. When applying through tesla financing, will tesla only initiate the one inquiry (hard) on my credit bureau, and then pass it off to the banks, or will all individual banks do a separate hard inquiry?

2. Say I happen to work at one of the banks that offer the loan, and I get quoted from Tesla with all the banks' rates and offers. Could I then contact Tesla (autofinance department I'd assume) to see if they can bump me and give me a better offer based on the bank's "employee perks/policy"? Would I contact Tesla directly saying that I work at XYZ bank or would I need to contact my employer (bank) directly and ask if they can adjust the rate? If the latter, would that automatically reflect in my Tesla account and agreement for the lower/adjusted rate, or do I have to manually do something?

Thanks all, happy driving :)

Hmm, I’ll give me SA a shout. I can definitely show more asset data if they will allow me.
Spoke to my SA about the rate I was offered vs others and she went back to do some digging. She got my financing switched from BMO @ 2.85% to Scotia @ 2.80%. Not a huge change but every $ counts.

Picking up our MY LR in a week. Applied tonight and was approved instantly @ 2.8/96 months with $5K down with Scotia.

Had no clue they can make a finance decision that quickly!