Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have a downpayment? I got 2.85% from RBC (through Tesla) a few days ago over 96 months with a $13k downpayment but as Bratt said the rates might be going up as all the news sites are saying and everywhere is threatening to do.
Yep. You could try with 5k down. BMO came back to me with 12k down 2.75% and I went back to them showing some extra assets/savings to reduce it down to 6k down.
For an MY LR. For the M3 SR+ 2 months earlier it was 0 down 2.8%

Yep. You could try with 5k down. BMO came back to me with 12k down 2.75% and I went back to them showing some extra assets/savings to reduce it down to 6k down.
For an MY LR. For the M3 SR+ 2 months earlier it was 0 down 2.8%
How do you negotiate? I just applied and got approved in a few minutes. I got the full vehicle cash in hand to show as well if needed.

The way things are now, 0 down and put every else to Tesla stock may make the most sense

Last edited:
How do you negotiate? I just applied and got approved in a few minutes. I got the full vehicle cash in hand to show as well if needed.

The way things are now, 0 down and put every else to Tesla stock may make the most sense
You walk into your local SC and get the sales associate to send an internal email to their finance division.

Haha no doubt. My lucky son bought 8 shares of tesla back in 2019 at $210 pre split with saved up bday/Xmas money from family over the years. Turned into 40 shares after 5:1 split and now $1200/share. He’s now 12 yrs old lol. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: Vawlkus
I just purchased last Friday and did as folks on here said to do.
Put in cash during the purchase and when I get a VIN I'll contact them to change to Finance.
I assume that by the time the car is ready (June is what is showing) that the rates will no longer be 2.8 range but more in the 3.15 range.

Has anyone financed a Tesla as a business vehicle (under a corporate name). I wonder how Tesla's own financing works in that case?
Would the individual also have to personally guarantee the loan (hence the loan appears on their personal credit statement also?)
Now that I have taken delivery of my car, here is the answer.

Yes, the individual also has to personally guarantee the loan if going through Tesla. Hence your NVIS will show both your company and personal name.

Now that I have taken delivery of my car, here is the answer.

Yes, the individual also has to personally guarantee the loan if going through Tesla. Hence your NVIS will show both your company and personal name.
how do you take delivery with financing?

hand in bank draft amount of balance showing at delivery? they will take my bank account information later? I haven't gotten the final agreement yet but delivery is scheduled for the 16th