Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can not lock the current interest rate. Rates are only valid for 30 days. They will update the rate close to delivery.
Perfect, got it!

However, I think it would be wise just to do the approval now and get it out of the way(regardless of the rate) but by changing to Loan...will my EDD change to a later date?

The approval is only for 90 days, if it expires they will ding your credit again. The rate lock is 30 days.
that's what they say about the rate... I took delivery in about 40 days after I got the loan approved and it changed two times (total 3 rates) from Nov 1 to Dec 10... and there wasn't an option to decline it, it just pops up on your screen and force you to acknowledge it or decline the loan

I got 3.35% with RBC over 96 months; any way to get a rate with Scotiabank or email the financing team to get a better rate ? or is my only option to accept ?

btw can I change my down payment amount before taking delivery or is accepting the offer the last step ?

I got 3.35% with RBC over 96 months; any way to get a rate with Scotiabank or email the financing team to get a better rate ? or is my only option to accept ?

btw can I change my down payment amount before taking delivery or is accepting the offer the last step ?
I got told you can increase your downpayment until about 48 hours before. Trying to reduce it will generate another credit application

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3
96 months is crazy for a car loan. If you need to get your monthly payment that low it may be a sign you probably can't afford the vehicle.
If you don’t have the income or savings, for sure.

As long as you have a low interest rate and invest the difference you would’ve spent on the car, you will make more with your investments rather than paying off a low % interest rate

96 months is crazy for a car loan. If you need to get your monthly payment that low it may be a sign you probably can't afford the vehicle.

Says someone with clearly no economics / interest rate understanding...

Currently car loan interest rate is lower than inflation... Basically you are being paid to borrow money my friend. Borrow it as long as you can and invest your extra income to make more money!

PS: Seriously consider taking a course on financial planning... Your avatar seems accurate ;)

Currently car loan interest rate is lower than inflation... Basically you are being paid to borrow money my friend. Borrow it as long as you can and invest your extra income to make more money!

PS: Seriously consider taking a course on financial planning... Your avatar seems accurate ;)
exactly why I stretched mine out as long as possible and kept as much in investment as possible

Since you are all in on negative equity loans I assume you are also going to tell me that a balloon loan is a good idea as well? Or maybe you will tell us how you got wealthy just off $5.99 Questrade commission fees lol. If we were talking about 0-1 or even 2% financing you would be correct but 3.35% financing is not a great interest rate for 96 months. It's an extra $10k on the price of a model Y over 96 months for example. I am doing 60 months on my BMW at 0.49%. That's much closer to a free loan and how to do it the right way.

After checking I see Tesla is now over 3% for all terms now which gives less incentive to opt for lower terms but the reality is that anyone that has any economic education would advise against a 96 month automobile loan. There are thousands of articles online illustrate why they are a bad idea. They are designed to get vehicles in the hands of people that can't afford them and are not a means of being paid to borrow money lol (funniest thing I have heard on the internet this week). 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Since you are all in on negative equity loans I assume you are also going to tell me that a balloon loan is a good idea as well? Or maybe you will tell us how you got wealthy just off $5.99 Questrade commission fees lol. If we were talking about 0-1 or even 2% financing you would be correct but 3.35% financing is not a great interest rate for 96 months. It's an extra $10k on the price of a model Y over 96 months for example. I am doing 60 months on my BMW at 0.49%. That's much closer to a free loan and how to do it the right way.

After checking I see Tesla is now over 3% for all terms now which gives less incentive to opt for lower terms but the reality is that anyone that has any economic education would advise against a 96 month automobile loan. There are thousands of articles online illustrate why they are a bad idea. They are designed to get vehicles in the hands of people that can't afford them and are not a means of being paid to borrow money lol (funniest thing I have heard on the internet this week). 🤣🤣🤣
I majored in economics, with business minor and also completed an accounting diploma. 96 month loan is the best value over time when you calculate time value of money.

Reactions: Dimundz and DK7519
I majored in economics, with business minor and also completed an accounting diploma. 96 month loan is the best value over time when you calculate time value of money.
What did economics teach you about 96 month loans on depreciating assets? It's bad economics and this is the first time I have ever heard anyone try to spin 96 month car loans as a good thing. They are only a good thing for automobile dealers. What's next? Will someone here try to claim that paying $10k for FSD is some sort of investment?