Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally got 5.8% for 72 months but ended up with 5.75% for 72 months valid for 60 days after RBC adjusted the rate.

Was told that the 5.75% rate is the lowest for all monthly terms between 36 to 96 months.

Apparently the amount of deposit doesn't matter either.

CHECK OUT YNCU! Final paperwork processing for my approval at $75K loan over 8 years at 4.59%, rate is locked in for 90 days.

They have an EV special where 1-5 years is 4.09% and 6-8 years is 4.59%. You get approved for more the longer the term, but you can choose your own payment amount. So, I could up my monthly amount to get it down to 6 years if I wanted.

This is by far the best rate I've seen—and they LOCK the rate for 90 days vs other banks at 30 days.

The underwriter, Liz, said I can provider her e-mail to those interested here. She was fantastic. It is:

[redacted because of overwhelming interest]

FYI, Bank of Canada meets July 13th and are expected to raise rates by 1% then...so don't sleep on this!

Also: I'm about two hours from the closest YNCU and that isn't an issue. You can do this all online.

Last edited by a moderator:
CHECK OUT YNCU! Final paperwork processing for my approval at $75K loan over 8 years at 4.59%, rate is locked in for 90 days.

They have an EV special where 1-5 years is 4.09% and 6-8 years is 4.59%. You get approved for more the longer the term, but you can choose your own payment amount. So, I could up my monthly amount to get it down to 6 years if I wanted.

This is by far the best rate I've seen—and they LOCK the rate for 90 days vs other banks at 30 days.

The underwriter, Liz, said I can provider her e-mail to those interested here. She was fantastic. It is:

FYI, Bank of Canada meets July 13th and are expected to raise rates by 1% then...so don't sleep on this!

Also: I'm about two hours from the closest YNCU and that isn't an issue. You can do this all online.
Hi which bank? Can you share the details?

This looks good. Is 4.59% a fixed rate or variable?

She is not doing for kingston/ southern eastern Ontario.

Hey all, please stop using the email I sent. The underwriter informed me she’s a bit overwhelmed and it seems the majority of the emails coming in are OUTSIDE the jurisdiction of YNCU. Please check their website first. (I’m in Durham region.)

If anyone knows how to get a moderator to edit that email out or something, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: keha
Hey all, just got a note from YNCU. While I was locked in and my rate is guaranteed for 90 days, they raised it from 4.09 to 5.09 on Monday and they expect it to go up again this week (Bank of Canada expected to raise .75-1% today.) Hopefully some of you were able to get in...and if not, 5.09 is still a fantastic rate if they serve your area. I recommend checking out credit unions over banks.