Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Find cost of Supercharging without Tesla screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to figure out how I can see Tesla supercharging cost without being inside my Tesla using the screen. Right now I have to use the screen to find the times & kWh rate. But I rather be able to do that outside my car like on smartphone or computer. Is there a possible way to find all the same stats you get in the Tesla vehicle for supercharging but outside the car on a smartphone or computer?

Also live updates on how many superchargers are available at the moment, or which ones are broken. Or maybe a history of peak times if you're concerned to try not waiting and want to plan your day around that?

I should probably start a new thread, but how about finding the cost of a Supercharging session AFTER you've charged?

There are a number of ways I can think to do this: check my credit card transactions; use the feature of TeslaFi that somehow finds the invoice on my Tesla account and displays it in my charge session. But neither of those are perfect.

I used to be able to log into my account on tesla.com and look at charge sessions. I can't seem to find it there any more. Can anyone point me to where you can get a historical record of Supercharger charges?

It's also in the app only. Go to the phone app and then click on your avatar in the upper right and then Account -> Charging -> History

I did sign up for BlueDot to get 20% discounts on Supercharging, but that means that they also have all your history from when you signed up... Feel free to use my referral RandyS6442

I should probably start a new thread, but how about finding the cost of a Supercharging session AFTER you've charged?

@RTPEV - may want to consider TeslaFi.com as an option.

TeslaFi was one of the first (the first?) driver created API trackers back in the day...a bunch of software engineers bought Tesla's and then built a website to automate and manage the data...go figure, right?

Anyways there's a feature where TeslaFi will, I think*, look back and pull down SC invoices from the past but I am unsure the extent of how far it reach into the past or if there are other limitations.

FWIW I've used TeslaFi almost since Day-1 when I took delivery of my S in 2017 and for Tesla drivers looking for a way to track their own stats, the product is solid, supported, and frequently updated.

*I think - here's the backstory: since 2017 I've had some flavor of FUSC so my invoices always total out to $0.00. I know TeslaFi goes back in time (unsure how far) to recon invoices from Tesla to logged charging spots and assign costs - in my case this is TeslaFi calculating the 'what-I-would-have-otherwise-paid-cost' as a savings, which is then logged into the data and aggregated on up. My guess is it'll do the same for anyone who signs up but strongly suggest you confirm if you want to go this route.

@RTPEV or others looking for the data...

Launch the Tesla app, click your profile icon at the upper right, click Account, click Charging, click History. For each Supercharging session you should see the amount of kWh consumed (rounded to the nearest? integer) and the cost / kWh. For me, I keep track of the dollar amount by looking at the car's main screen when I disconnect. Then, sometimes, the amount gets changed to a lower value. For example, the last time I Supercharged the screen said it cost $6.57. My Charging history reports $5.98 @ $0.46/kWh. That's what is charged to my credit card.

@RTPEV - may want to consider TeslaFi.com as an option.
Already have considered it, subscribe to it, and am a big fan.

The reason it's not perfect is that there was one particular Supercharger stop (Woodstock, VA) at which the car did not have cell service (oddly enough, my phone did--it's usually the other way around). Not sure why they don't put a Starlink terminal there, but that's another story.

Anyway, because the car was "invisible" to TeslaFi during that charging stop, unfortunately I have no record of that charge in TeslaFi, which is why I went looking for it on the web (and eventually had to go through my credit card statement to get the amount).

I did find it in the app (thanks to those that recommended that). I hate that I have to use the app for this, but I guess that's where things are headed. Would have been nice to just have the info available on the web site like it used to be.

• Informative
Reactions: houstonian