Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fire hydrants as traffic cones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my HW3 computer installed today. I noticed it did pick up orange cones and barrels and show them as cones on the screen. The odd thing was that it also seems to show fire hydrants as cones for me... anyone else experience this?

Just got mine updated last week. Yes, seeing the same. I'm in a congested city and it does pretty well. But sometimes trash cans are correct and sometimes they are cones. I wonder if color has anything to do with what it sees? I have a bunch of road posts (tall then plastic looking posts to help lane determination) that it seems to render as those posts most of the time, but sometimes they go back and forth from posts to cones as you pass them. Will try and get a pic.

No, looked like any other fire hydrant/traffic cone.

I did see some sticks rendered correctly today that were placed to keep the snow plow from encroaching into a yard. At a distance they were traffic cones but changed to grey sticks as I got closer.

My model Y on 2020.5.10.4 does the same. Also, some roadside mailboxes are rendered as trash cans. Seems like it picks up more stuff the more I drive. It didn’t pick up people, now it does. At first it didn’t differentiate between cars, trucks and SUV’s (every vehicle was rendered as a sedan) now it seems to render those correct most of the time.