Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why am I so far behind on firmware? Currently on 2023.7.30. Apparently you need 2023.26 in order to take advantage of Charge on Solar. So far this billing period I’ve sent a little over 250 kWh back to the grid and basically got peanuts for it. 250 kWh would would have charged my M3 SR+ 5 times. They started hyping Charge on Solar 3-4 months ago.

Can I turn off FSD, get latest standard firmware and turn FSD back on sometime in the future when the branches are synched? I hardly use FSD and could really use Charge on Solar.
If you’re subscribing to FSD, you can stop subscribing and that should get you back on the non-Beta branch (eventually). If you purchased the FSD option, you have to ask the FSD Beta team to remove you. One of the email addresses they use is [email protected].

I am in a similar situation. However, I bought FSD with my cat originally. How do switch to non FSD? Also will I be able to switch back since I paid for the feature in full.
I don't think there's anything you can do other than wait for the features you want to show up in a new build. It seems that most or all new builds have some version of FSD Beta at this point, so new features and FSD Beta shouldn't continue to be mutually exclusive.

Reactions: BlueMoon1224
I am in a similar situation. However, I bought FSD with my cat originally. How do switch to non FSD? Also will I be able to switch back since I paid for the feature in full.
Some have done this by emailing [email protected] with their VIN and requesting to be put back on the production branch. I haven't read of anyone succeeding at this lately, but it might be worth the cost to try it. I recall some stating that it took multiple emails and a few weeks for their request to be honored. No replies to the emails is ever received. Still, resending the email once a week can't hurt to try.

Unbelievable as it seems the only path a FSD buyer can take to get on newer software at this point is to buy a new Tesla. Tesla has us trapped and offers no other path to get newer software despite all the testing work we did on FSD Beta. Seem Tesla is "punishing" us for helping with the development of FSD Beta. STRANGE

Unbelievable as it seems the only path a FSD buyer can take to get on newer software at this point is to buy a new Tesla. Tesla has us trapped and offers no other path to get newer software despite all the testing work we did on FSD Beta. Seem Tesla is "punishing" us for helping with the development of FSD Beta. STRANGE
According to TeslaFi, the only recent builds that don’t have FSD Beta are 2023.26.100, which is probably a factory build, and 2023.32.1, which was just released. I think this suggests that a production branch is no longer a thing. The people who are buying new HW4 Teslas are the ones being “punished” since most of them can’t use FSD Beta yet.

......The people who are buying new HW4 Teslas are the ones being “punished” since most of them can’t use FSD Beta yet.
New cars are delivered with factory software and needs to be updated. It usually only takes a week to a month and then many/most HW4 cars are getting FSD Beta now. I bet Tesla will start adding 11.4.4 to factory software shortly so HW4 cars can have FSD Beta out the gate since it is now listed as a feature in the FSD Package if you order now.

New cars are delivered with factory software and needs to be updated. It usually only takes a week to a month and then many/most HW4 cars are getting FSD Beta now. I bet Tesla will start adding 11.4.4 to factory software shortly so HW4 cars can have FSD Beta out the gate since it is now listed as a feature in the FSD Package if you order now.
Still waiting for FSD Beta on my HW4 Model S. To be fair, it’s only been 2 weeks since I subscribed to FSD, but others have been waiting much longer.