Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First contact after ordering.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contact? I don't understand this term.

Seriously though, it depends on your luck. I ordered 12th May (when website said June delivery), had no contact other than the auto order confirmation email until mid-late July when somebody called to confirm my order details. Then nothing at all until last Mon evening when I suddenly got a text/ email delivery appointment for Thursday, then a call on Wednesday to cancel it!

From reading the forum, others have had much quicker contact to confirm their order details but some seem to have had none at all. Most people with deliveries have been given updates as to delivery windows a few weeks in advance but I didn't get that. I have tried a few times to get in contact with Tesla (email and phone) during this time and had no response. So in summary, it might be a while, but you might get lucky or things might improve as the order backlogs stat to clear.

Thanks all, I've got the lottery ticket let's see when they first respond. Having been trying to get through to them to clear the 'We are experiencing technical issues loading your payment details. Please try again later.' message cleared. 90 mins so far...expecting to get cut off shortly.

If by contact you mean speaking to an actual person either on the phone or in real life, then the first contact I had was about 30 mins before I drove away with my new car. I did have an issue confirming some of the delivery details a few months prior to that, and spent around an hour on hold a couple of times, before resorting to sorting it out via email.

• Funny
Reactions: Yev000
To be fair, I did a test drive, (not from a SC) emailed a few ?'s to the contact Person (Sales) at test drive, he has answered at least 3 mails since, got an email from him thanking for order, that he did not know about from me, since then he has responded to an email, although most was a cut and paste response which is fair enough.
I do not expect another email till invoice wants paying.