Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First drive of a release candidate version of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are right

Screenshot_20170324-080133.png

Sounds like no HUD if you look at his twitter comments, I guess we shall see but it is not looking like there will be one.

James Locke @arctechinc
@elonmusk so does this mean no heads up display in Model 3? How will Tesla handle speedometer and Instrument Cluster information?

Follow
Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

@arctechinc The more autonomous a car is, the less dash info you need. How often do you look at the instrument panel when being driven in a taxi?

Sounds like no HUD if you look at his twitter comments, I guess we shall see but it is not looking like there will be one.

James Locke @arctechinc
@elonmusk so does this mean no heads up display in Model 3? How will Tesla handle speedometer and Instrument Cluster information?

Follow
Elon Musk

✔@elonmusk

@arctechinc The more autonomous a car is, the less dash info you need. How often do you look at the instrument panel when being driven in a taxi?

I interprete this as no HUD too. He also reiterated only one display in another tweet. I understand the logic about autonomy and lack of need for a but I think the average consumer will need to see what their car is doing to protect them especially in the early days of autonomy.