Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First experiences with our Model S (Dadaleus' story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe Tesla can make some plastic, wallet sized cards that give instructions for valets. One side in English the other in Spanish. I used to have a hidden kill switch in a '96 Accord (I know you are all jealous) that stopped six theft attempts and every valet. The Model S might need some instructions for the uninitiated.

I have a first model year Lexus 400h (2006), and it came with several little instruction cards for valets in English and Spanish. It had a hole to attach to a key chain, like a CVS card or something similar. Very helpful that first year or so until hybrids became more prevelant.

I loaded up a USB key with files and they appear beautifully in the UI. The UI grabs cover art and everything. I was told by Tesla that the onboard hard drive isn't accessible yet, but it will be enabled in a future update.
IMG_6158.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg

------

BTW, this song came up last night as I was looking at how gorgeous the display is at night so I recorded this video clip. Yes, it has been a long time (I reserved in 2009), but I don't mind now that this car is next to me!
i-wFDKw5Z-L.jpg

And I'm now up to 1,277 miles. At this rate I'll drive something like 50,000 miles this year. I guess I better get a handle on my Model S addiction.
Miles.jpg

Last edited:
I loaded up a USB key with files and they appear beautifully in the UI. The UI grabs cover art and everything. I was told by Tesla that the onboard hard drive isn't accessible yet, but it will be enabled in a future update.
View attachment 9785View attachment 9786

------

BTW, this song came up last night as I was looking at how gorgeous the display is at night so I recorded this video clip. Yes, it has been a long time (I reserved in 2009), but I don't mind now that this car is next to me!
i-wFDKw5Z-L.jpg

Thanks for those Jason. While I'm still excited for my car, the list of things not ready at launch seems to be growing and is a little concerning. Have they given you any idea when to expect the next update(s)? Since deliveries have been so delayed, I'm not sure if they've kept up with GeorgeB's previously discussed timetables

Thanks for those Jason. While I'm still excited for my car, the list of things not ready at launch seems to be growing and is a little concerning. Have they given you any idea when to expect the next update(s)? Since deliveries have been so delayed, I'm not sure if they've kept up with GeorgeB's previously discussed timetables

That's my job. To make sure all these things are ready by the time you get your car!

Honestly, the things in question are very minor in my opinion and I couldn't be happier to have this car.

I don't know of any states that allow that. At least here in Texas, it has to be a physical plate even though that's not written down anywhere. The fact that your plate has to be on the front bumper also isn't written down anywhere. I love the idea though.

I've not had a plate on the front in the past few years, never been an issue. I recall there's some kind of statute slowly making its way through the process to officially say that front plates are not mandatory in TX, but I think that's been going on for years, and will carry on for a few more. Either way, if the police want to pull you over, they'll find a reason, front plate or not.

View attachment 9785View attachment 9786

------

i-wFDKw5Z-L.jpg

And I'm now up to 1,277 miles. At this rate I'll drive something like 50,000 miles this year. I guess I better get a handle on my Model S addiction.
View attachment 9787

I apologize if this has been covered: what audio formats does the Model S recognize? Does it recognize the iTunes MP4 format? And can you sync your iPhone/iPod through bluetooth or USB?

Thanks for all of your updates/info!

I don't know of any states that allow that. At least here in Texas, it has to be a physical plate even though that's not written down anywhere. The fact that your plate has to be on the front bumper also isn't written down anywhere. I love the idea though.

License plates are made for more than just identification by number.
1. They reflect light properly over a large spectrum to make them easily photographed, ie red light cameras
2. They are reflective of radar to make an accurate measure of speed by law enforcement.

So out of curiosity, have you attempted to play a movie from your thumb drive? If so, do you at least get sound if no video? This was supposed to be disabled when driving, just wondering if they really did disable it, and if you can at least view videos while stationary (P.S. Cake is awesome).

WOOHOO! CAKE!

Sorry habit of mine whenever I hear CAKE in public. If you go to their website you might be able to find where I stole my signature from. My favorite band.