Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look for V11!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day!

Here is a first look for V11 spotted in Tesla Model S, what do you think?

I think that it looks pretty good, fresh and clean, i like it.

IMG_2941.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_2943.JPG
    IMG_2943.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 400
Not really the v11 i was expecting which was more similar to the cybertruck with the fused AP/map.

It might just be anther V10/V11 hybrid. the Model 3 would struggle to display all of this with its smaller screen. 15" rather than 17" but the 3 loses 30% of the screen to the AP view.

In fact, this might just be the refreshed Model S V10. Like the only button located on the left is the menu which pops up in a way where the Model 3s AP view would be. that menu wouldnt really work in the 3 as it would obstruct the AP view. hence its on the main screen. the only real difference here is that the map sort of shares a screen with the music player. We were sort of expecting this as the S has more screen estate.

This looks terrible, why is there so much wasted space? What is the point of having a huge screen if so much of it is just going to be empty? Ever since V7 or so Tesla seems to be prioritizing style over substance.

i think part of the problem is just that 17" is huge and you have even more estate than in the 3 because you have the 2nd screen. There just isn't much to put on there even with music player and the the map at the same time.

This does not really tell us about the 3/Y which is most interesting to me. That being said, not a fan of the flat low contrast choices. Not good when you need information and buttons to really 'pop'. Yeah, I prefer usability to the latest dumb UI fad. Hopefully this gets revised a hell of a lot before release but given Tesla these days, this is probably exactly what we will get.

I dont like it. I'm glad I got the model x with portrait view just before the refresh. I just feel that its a hugh ipad that's right in your face. I'm not into the games.

I just feel that the portrait view is more elegant, and not to obnoxious.

That being said,... if I didn't have a choice, I would still get it. I'm sure the faster CPU and other new features are fun...the wireless charger looks ok and the back screen for enviornmental controls are useful. Yolk looks fun also.

But when I initially saw the model y and 3 with the landscape view, I was turned off and got the X

R

Some of the posts I've read say these are customizable "widgets". So you'll be able to choose what shows up on the screen and where. Might even mean you can make the nav bigger, smaller, etc… to your tastes. Will be interesting to see the reality. I would like some customizability (I want to see Nav/Music mostly).

Reactions: Koifim
Some of the posts I've read say these are customizable "widgets". So you'll be able to choose what shows up on the screen and where. Might even mean you can make the nav bigger, smaller, etc… to your tastes. Will be interesting to see the reality. I would like some customizability (I want to see Nav/Music mostly).

We already had this back until v8. Doubt Tesla will go back to that design philosophy.