Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First "mini" road trip (Ontario)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon we are heading from Toronto to North Bay, which is 307 km. Technically we should be able to get there on one full charge in our X 90D. But we're gonna make stops at the Barrie and Huntsville superchargers anyways. I've never been to one so looking forward to it. If anyone is around come say hi!

Reactions: TomatoOne
Nice, have fun.

Your tendency will be to overcharge...spend too long there just to be sure... Or to always be charging through to the top half of the 'tank'

The car works best when you work the bottom half or middle of the battery and do short charge stops (or skip).

You may want to check them both out though on the way up to see which one makes more sense for your needs (shopping? Coffee? eating?).

Reactions: doubeld
This afternoon we are heading from Toronto to North Bay, which is 307 km. Technically we should be able to get there on one full charge in our X 90D. But we're gonna make stops at the Barrie and Huntsville superchargers anyways. I've never been to one so looking forward to it. If anyone is around come say hi!

Let me know how charging in Huntsville goes, will be charging there tomorrow.

Let me know how charging in Huntsville goes, will be charging there tomorrow.

We arrived safe and sound! We were the only car charging at both Barrie and Huntsville. Both were really fast, I believe I saw 85KW/h (or 350 km / hour) - something like that. All I know is that we took a 30 min break at each and the car charged to full each time. So my first experience with the superchargers has been amazing!

The Huntsville station is located in a small mall parking lot, with a Metro grocery store among other things. So we went snack shopping heheh. It's really easy to get there and find. The Barrie station like Trev mentioned is kind of in the middle of nowhere near the abandoned Target. By that I mean there's quite a walk to all the other stores "nearby"... we ate at the Nando's which is the closest restaurant.

Used to do the drive from Mount Albert to the Bay before Huntsville opened, doing a quick top up in Barrie for the drive up. Then would hit Pinewood for a bite to eat using their destination charger once i arrived and before heading south again sometimes with a pitstop in Barrie on the way home. Barrie would be nice if it wasn't such a jog across the parking lot in January to visit Cabelas while waiting, or down the hill to the Tim's. Was really happy last time i was there to see Pinewood still had the model trains I'd watched so many times as a kid growing up there originally.