TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First Quarter Mile times on 2019.36.1

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by serendipitous, Nov 2, 2019.

1. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

Stock Model S Performance (August 2019 build date). Didn't even take the groceries out of the frunk. 3000 miles on the odometer.

[email protected]

TopGear what?

• Like x 10
    • Love x 8
    • Informative x 2
  2. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P100D

...nice run....I love the TopGear reference.....

• Like x 1
  3. jd1008

jd1008 Member

I haven't received the 2019.36.1 build yet on my 2019 Raven Performance S.
    What was your SOC when you made this quarter mile run?
    Can you feel the difference in power?
    Elon stated an additional 50 HP but other reports indicated a 3% increase for Model S and X which would be more like 20 HP?
    A bit confusing!

4. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

@serendipitous could you update us on what the battery state of charge was for this run?

5. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

88% on this run. I did another run beforehand at ~94%, but I let off a little early. 10.6 @ 120mph on that run.

From my faster run:
    60ft: 1.4599
    330ft: 4.2743
    1/8: [email protected]
    1000ft: 8.7741
    1/4: 10.5640 @ 125.84mph

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  6. jd1008

jd1008 Member

Were you able to record the front, rear and total motor power on the Ludicrous plus display?
    What was your best quarter mile time before the 36.1 update?

• Like x 1
  7. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

I just got the car in September, so this was my first run on an actual track in the car. Just so happened to be the morning after my update to 2019.36.1. No records before this, and my GoPro in the cabin didn't have enough resolution to read the display after my runs that weekend, unfortunately. My GoPro is an old Hero+ version, and I didn't even think to take a pic of the Max readings after my run, so no records unfortunately. I'll try over the next few days to capture a full Raven Ludicrous+ Launch on the displays....

8. UkrHog

UkrHog Member

Thanks for sharing! Dramatic difference between these and the P100Ds . Plaid will be even more shocking ⚡️.

9. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

Did some pulls this morning at about 87% SoC. Without launch mode, max power was 557kW. 155.5 and 367.5 front/rear. In launch mode (on normal asphalt, not a prepped drag strip so not sure if it was traction limited) peak was 575.7, 181/375 front/rear.

I just got 2019.36.2.1, installing now but I assume it's just bug fixes.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. panditron420

panditron420 Member

keep us posted! What's your 0-60 (no rolling)?

11. serendipitous

serendipitous Member

I don't have a dragy/vbox at the moment, but I'll get one after no-spend November :)

• Like x 1
  12. panditron420

panditron420 Member

ok thxx!

13. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

Is that really true? I'm not sure if a tenth or two faster is really dramatic, but just my opinion..A few weeks ago, I traded my Porsche for a low mileage P100D (cpo). The car feels crazy fast to me in just regular Ludicrous mode. A few days ago for the first time, I drove a Raven performance Model S and I honestly didn't feel much of a difference compared to my non-Raven. .

• Like x 2
  14. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

I thought I recall seeing several early P100D cars doing the 1/4 in 10.6-10.7 at about 124 mph. In 2017, Motor Trend got a 10.5 at 125mph in a head-2-head against an Audi RS7.

• Like x 1
  15. UkrHog

UkrHog Member

It’s seems over the years the consistency of the P100Ds has not been strong. They are really fast. Ravens are faster on a more consistent basis, hitting faster times and top speeds regularly. The motor trend numbers are rare for a P100D.

16. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

2019.36.2.1 made a major difference in how fast the car feels around town. Would have to drive both cars again back to back to say for certain.

17. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

Okay fair enough.. Just curious, does the 36.2.1 update add power to all P100ds? I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the power increase is only for the Raven Model S due to the front motor. For some reason, my P100D has yet to receive any software update:(

18. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

Do you mean the consistency with the P100Ds in general, like some of them are faster than others? Or do you mean consistency with all P100ds being faster (or slower) on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis ? One thing I've noticed lately; now that it has been super cold the past few days, I've noticed a huge 'seat-of-the-pants' difference in performance, regenerative braking etc compared to on warmer days.

19. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

No, more power (or more accurately more torque) is only for the raven front motor.

20. Drew-MS

Drew-MS Member

Ughh that's what I thought, thanks.. I love my P100D and happy with my purchase. However, I probably should have waited for a cpo Raven to pop up in used inventory.

• Like x 1