Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Quarter Mile times on 2019.36.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't received the 2019.36.1 build yet on my 2019 Raven Performance S.
What was your SOC when you made this quarter mile run?
Can you feel the difference in power?
Elon stated an additional 50 HP but other reports indicated a 3% increase for Model S and X which would be more like 20 HP?
A bit confusing!

Were you able to record the front, rear and total motor power on the Ludicrous plus display?
What was your best quarter mile time before the 36.1 update?

I just got the car in September, so this was my first run on an actual track in the car. Just so happened to be the morning after my update to 2019.36.1. No records before this, and my GoPro in the cabin didn't have enough resolution to read the display after my runs that weekend, unfortunately. My GoPro is an old Hero+ version, and I didn't even think to take a pic of the Max readings after my run, so no records unfortunately. I'll try over the next few days to capture a full Raven Ludicrous+ Launch on the displays....

Dramatic difference between these and the P100Ds ⚡️.

Is that really true? I'm not sure if a tenth or two faster is really dramatic, but just my opinion..A few weeks ago, I traded my Porsche for a low mileage P100D (cpo). The car feels crazy fast to me in just regular Ludicrous mode. A few days ago for the first time, I drove a Raven performance Model S and I honestly didn't feel much of a difference compared to my non-Raven. .

Reactions: byeLT4 and UkrHog
I thought I recall seeing several early P100D cars doing the 1/4 in 10.6-10.7 at about 124 mph. In 2017, Motor Trend got a 10.5 at 125mph in a head-2-head against an Audi RS7.
It’s seems over the years the consistency of the P100Ds has not been strong. They are really fast. Ravens are faster on a more consistent basis, hitting faster times and top speeds regularly. The motor trend numbers are rare for a P100D.

Is that really true? I'm not sure if a tenth or two faster is really dramatic, but just my opinion..A few weeks ago, I traded my Porsche for a low mileage P100D (cpo). The car feels crazy fast to me in just regular Ludicrous mode. A few days ago for the first time, I drove a Raven performance Model S and I honestly didn't feel much of a difference compared to my non-Raven. .

2019.36.2.1 made a major difference in how fast the car feels around town. Would have to drive both cars again back to back to say for certain.

2019.36.2.1 made a major difference in how fast the car feels around town. Would have to drive both cars again back to back to say for certain.

Okay fair enough.. Just curious, does the 36.2.1 update add power to all P100ds? I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the power increase is only for the Raven Model S due to the front motor. For some reason, my P100D has yet to receive any software update:(

It’s seems over the years the consistency of the P100Ds has not been strong. They are really fast. Ravens are faster on a more consistent basis, hitting faster times and top speeds regularly. The motor trend numbers are rare for a P100D.

Do you mean the consistency with the P100Ds in general, like some of them are faster than others? Or do you mean consistency with all P100ds being faster (or slower) on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis ? One thing I've noticed lately; now that it has been super cold the past few days, I've noticed a huge 'seat-of-the-pants' difference in performance, regenerative braking etc compared to on warmer days.

Okay fair enough.. Just curious, does the 36.2.1 update add power to all P100ds? I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the power increase is only for the Raven Model S due to the front motor. For some reason, my P100D has yet to receive any software update:(

No, more power (or more accurately more torque) is only for the raven front motor.