Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of quarter rewards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a delivery date from Tesla for a RWD model 3 on 19th September in the UK. I remember seeing a couple of times now that, if you take delivery in the last week(?) of the quarter, you’re given perks; usually free supercharger miles.

As the 19th is the first date I’ve been offered, could I push this back a week, would you think, to be able to benefit from any perks that will potentially be offered? Has anyone been able to do this previously when receiving their vehicle?

Also, this is through a company car lease scheme; would I even qualify to receive the perks if there are to be any?

You are either misreading or misremembering what happens. You already have bought and are taking delivery so there is nothing extra coming your way.

The sales incentives are offered when they are trying to make up the sales numbers at the quarter end, and you might be offered something extra to buy and take delivery of the car in the next two weeks etc before the quarter end.

You are either misreading or misremembering what happens. You already have bought and are taking delivery so there is nothing extra coming your way.

The sales incentives are offered when they are trying to make up the sales numbers at the quarter end, and you might be offered something extra to buy and take delivery of the car in the next two weeks etc before the quarter end.
That's not strictly true ... whilst there may not be any more sales incentives, Tesla has in the past added things like free SuC miles if delivery is taken before quarter end. This was to encourage potential buyers to choose an inventory car over a new order. These incentives have been given to anyone who took delivery from when they were announced, irrespective of when the order was placed.

Will this be the case this quarter? Only Tesla knows, and probably not even them. There is no way to anticipate or rely on it. If Tesla decide they want to shift inventory stock, they may well do it.

Its usually end of half year or year to get the biggest benefits. Witht he reintroduction of referrals they may have switched their incentives to that as well.

Either way, when they've done these things its usually been more than just the last week, it's typically been up 2 to 3 week windows before the end of a quarter. But in essence, nobody can be sure if they'll do anything or what it will be this time if they do. I'd just get the car and enjoy it. a few hundred miles of supercharging is maybe £100 and while I'd prefer to have £100 than not, you can go to a lot of trouble, have a rushed end of quarter delivery with them potentially taking less care with your car if you push deliver later, and all potentially for no gain.