Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Road Trip (NJ to Atlanta) - suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, just to report back, the road trip from NJ to Atlanta and back went off without a hitch. I used several tools to try to plan the trip, but in the end, chose my routes using Google maps (since you can drag the path) and the in-car Supercharger planner. It was a breeze.

The trip was about 850 miles each way, give or take. We chose the western route to hit some of the Skyline Drive and 81 on the way down, then through Asheville and 85 to Atlanta. Stopped in the little town on Wythesville, VA overnight and resumed in the morning. On the way back, we stayed on 85 most of the way, stopping north of Richmond and then finishing up the next day.

Congrats! It really is as easy as "get in the car and go" ... glad you enjoyed it!

One thing to mention; I agree the ABRP interface is a bit clunky; my favorite feature is to plan a route, and then export it to Excel. We'd just print that out and keep it with us to track where we planned to stop ... if we deviated, I'd re-run the route at the next Supercharging stop and just update the sheet. It was easy enough... but using ABRP enroute? Not nearly as nice.

So glad you enjoyed it --- now head west! Yellowstone is calling ;-)
IMG_6262.jpeg

(Arches National Park, Utah)