Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time Tesla 3 owner here… trip question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I own a 2020 Tesla 3 performance and I was under the impression that the range on it was 315 miles. At 100%. It only gives me 252 miles so I am a little confused. It does have a the 20 inch rims and low profile tires. Am I missing something here?

Hello all, I own a 2020 Tesla 3 performance and I was under the impression that the range on it was 315 miles. At 100%. It only gives me 252 miles so I am a little confused. It does have a the 20 inch rims and low profile tires. Am I missing something here?
All that matters is what you see when you drive the way you drive (speed, accel, settings (temp, mode, etc)). Don't get hung up on 'factory' estimates.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Upvote 0
I would forget about the official range. The chart does a pretty good job on estimating your % remaining at arrival, along with a trend if the trip is long.

The worst I've even experienced is around 50% of quoted range, because either the weather was -13F or I was driving way too fast.

If you really want to try to get the max range, try to drive around 40mph on a luke warm cloudy day while the car is still quite new. I'm pretty sure you'll get the quoted range, as I have. :)

Upvote 0