Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Karmas are slowly rolling off the line right into hollywood's garages
Notice that the car has still NOT YET been delivered to DiCaprio, yet it has been "leaked" that it will...
Does anyone remember with respect to the Tesla Roadster, did the leaks of Hollywood A-Listers getting the Roadster leak BEFORE they got the car or AFTER they got the car? I think it was the latter!

Does anyone remember with respect to the Tesla Roadster, did the leaks of Hollywood A-Listers getting the Roadster leak BEFORE they got the car or AFTER they got the car? I think it was the latter!

There were so many high profile people who pre-ordered and then waited. We had a list going of people who made it public that they were on the wait list.
When Roadsters finally started being delivered it was almost anti-climactic as the hoopla over the A-list wait-list had already died down.
If the Karma deliveries are like the original Roadster deliveries the next item to get some attention will be actual photos of actual celebrities driving them.
Also, there will be some interest in them showing up in media spots - commercials, movie & TV placements, etc.

Fisker Karma gets 3000 orders - Autocar.co.uk

A shooting-brake version should take care of the rear headroom issues.
There are rumors that a Fisker Karma wagon with more utility will debut later this year.

Here is a crude chop, for imaginative purposes:

5054700489_1c4847e61f_b.jpg
I guess we'll see how close this is in the fall.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/12/first-fisker-karma-leonardo-dicaprio/

The Karmas are slowly rolling off the line right into hollywood's garages

I do hope that Fisker can succeed. Always exiting to watch the birth of a new car brand, especially one out of thin air.

BUT -- It says the first cars will be delivered by the end of the month. That's only two weeks from now! Have they even gotten their EPA rating yet? I haven't found it. By law they can't deliver cars without having one. Remember the holdup with the Volt?

Six Fisker Karmas roll off the production line, coming soon to a city near you -- Engadget

It's been months since the first Fisker Karma came forth from the factory, and in the time since, the sleek saloon's production timeline experienced a delay or two along the way. Yet, here we are, and the next six production Fiskers have finally been constructed. Unfortunately, those with open wallets will have to wait to get one of the elusive EVs, as the sextet of Karmas is bound for a nationwide barnstorming tour -- so that the masses may caress the car's curvy lines and perhaps take one for a spin. Details are scarce regarding the test drives, but OC Metro reports that 44 fortunate cities and 3,000 people will get to cruise in the performance EV over the next three months. Now that's some good Karma.

I read this over at fiskerbuzz

Someone did a indepth test drive of a Karma and posted a rather detailed account.
It looks like there were some changes to the interior, rear room was improved, the trunk is smaller in the production Karma (which could be related to the increased rear leg room)

The ICE noise has not been solved, it's not as loud as before, but it's still LOUD. Sport Mode+ low battery SOC= lawnmower-esque sound levels

I read this over at fiskerbuzz
From that review the car does not sound ready to me.
...when I drove it, I had a "Park not allowed" error which did not allow the car to move. We had to reboot the car 3 times and it finally worked. It happened again to the third driver after me, and they had to unplug the battery and let the car sit for a bit before it worked again.

It just goes to show just how complicated and heavy it gets when you try to stuff two cars onto one chassis.

I said this a long time ago! I knew it was going to be well over 5k lbs. It's like Fisker didn't do any weight saving techniques. The solar roof must add a lot of weight.....

The park not available can be fixed with a software update, the ICE noise on the other hand, cannot!

I have to say now that if the trunk is smaller, then the production karma has (about) the same sized trunk as a Tesla roadster. So the Karma is an EvER? how can you travel anywhere of a 200 mile radius and expect to have enough clothes for 2 people, let alone 3 or 4. This is specifically what I have always stated about the karma, form trumps functionality every time.

Last edited: