Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix-it Ticket : No Front Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front plates are required in VA, but I always choose to not use mine. Didn't have them on the BRZ either. I was actually prepared for the Model 3 to have them pre-installed and I was gonna just let it go but when I arrived the delivery advisor was installing the plates and told me they were required but asked if I wanted him to install it...I couldn't say yes.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
That's based on people's unwillingness to spend time fighting it, which just means they are empowering a city clerk to overrule state law.

I'd personally take it in front of a judge and get the abusing authority to cover the costs. And I'd keep going, because once you get a real judge then you win. It just requires a time investment, but I'm stubborn like that. I'd also ask the court to enjoin the city clerk from enforcing any fees in such a situation. Nothing like delivering a court order to a clerk telling them they can take a hike and reminding them that the term "clerk" in their title is meaningful.

while in principle I agree with your point of view,
but tilting windmills involves time, and unless you
enjoy spending time doing so when the wronged
government view will only shrug their shoulders,
then it's just your time that's lost?