Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixes to request prior to warranty expiration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a hard time getting them replaced. I've sent pics of mine and had a SC appointment scheduled. I'm not too concerned about the condensation that goes away after a little while. However, my headlights have streaks and residue inside the housing that implies that it is not venting properly or quick enough (and it just looks bad since it can't be cleaned). Got a text first that it "did not look normal" , then another saying they were going to cancel because it is actually normal. I argued that the streaks inside of the headlights are different then all the other lights even though they all get condensation inside of them so it is now "with their engineering team to determine next steps".

Thanks for the information. I've been getting condensation in the both tail lights and both B-Pillar cameras. Water is also getting in on one tail light when I wash my car. I'm going to make an appointment and see if they cancel me...

However, my headlights have streaks and residue inside the housing that implies that it is not venting properly or quick enough (and it just looks bad since it can't be cleaned). Got a text first that it "did not look normal" , then another saying they were going to cancel because it is actually normal. I argued that the streaks inside of the headlights are different then all the other lights even though they all get condensation inside of them so it is now "with their engineering team to determine next steps".

The headlights are a sealed unit and I don't believe they have a vent. But even if there is a vent the residue streaks are terrible and not normal. Granted most people don't notice them, unless you shine a light at it. Tesla replaced mine because of this and the techs noticed the replacements had streaks in them too. Then they checked their stock and all of them had this issue. So there definitely is an issue during the manufacturing from Tesla's part supplier. Tesla is aware of this but has yet to find a solution. Maybe they should focus more on issues like these, than putting more games in our cars.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
The headlights are a sealed unit and I don't believe they have a vent. But even if there is a vent the residue streaks are terrible and not normal. Granted most people don't notice them, unless you shine a light at it. Tesla replaced mine because of this and the techs noticed the replacements had streaks in them too. Then they checked their stock and all of them had this issue. So there definitely is an issue during the manufacturing from Tesla's part supplier. Tesla is aware of this but has yet to find a solution. Maybe they should focus more on issues like these, than putting more games in our cars.
That’s too bad. I hope I can get a suitable replacement, if that’s even possible. Did you eventually get replacements that were streak/residue free?

That’s too bad. I hope I can get a suitable replacement, if that’s even possible. Did you eventually get replacements that were streak/residue free?

No, because they haven't fixed the issue with their supplier yet. And to replace the headlights in the Model 3 the front end cover has to be removed, it's a drawn out process.

I suspect that the Model Y headlights will have the same issue, since they use the same headlights. Customers should be pissed finding these residue streaks in their new cars headlights.

No, because they haven't fixed the issue with their supplier yet. And to replace the headlights in the Model 3 the front end cover has to be removed, it's a drawn out process.

I suspect that the Model Y headlights will have the same issue, since they use the same headlights. Customers should be pissed finding these residue streaks in their new cars headlights.
I finally dropped my car off at the SC for this issue (super long waits for Bellevue now that Seattle SC has closed). They gave me the stock “our lights are actually vented, blah blah blah” so we’ll see how it goes.