Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat tire day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a lot of work. I guess I don't understand. I find the hole by pumping the tire up to about 50 lb. and bathing it in warm soapy water (warm because I'm a wuss and don't like my hands getting cold). I put a plug (rubberized glue on a piece of thin rope) into the tire, pulled the T-bar needle-end tool out, cut off the rope to about an eighth of an inch, and drove on it immediately. And ever since. Never pulled the wheel. Took about 15 minutes.

OK, Y'all. Tell my how I'm gonna die in the next day or so. Not.

I've never had a problem with a plug repair in over 60 years. I once had a tire store guy who claimed he'd been to a Michelin training session tell me Michelin said you could plug anywhere in the tread even on the edge. That means anywhere a nail or screw could puncture.

• Informative
Reactions: Magnets!
Started off the day with this. It obviously wasn't repairable. The local tire company replaced the tire, but the new one didn't have foam inside.
Is the foam added at Tesla or the manufacturer?

Attachments

• tesla tire.jpg
    tesla tire.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 114
It's the same make and model, Continental 235/40 R19 extra load, the only difference is the speed rating. The OEM rating wasn't available and we had to go one step down. The tire store removed the original foam and glued it in the new tire. so far, so good :)

...uuuuh, removed and reglued the entire foam liner???? This probably won't hold and once it starts to fall apart the balance will be thrown off.

Reactions: goldengate
oh so 20" not able to get the insurance?

I’ve got 2 M3s, one with 20 inchers and
one with 18 aero wheels. Both have the Discount Tire warranty. The 20s were about $220, and the 18s were about $190. I’ve also got four OEM 20 inch performance
wheels at Discount Tire waiting for Tesla acoustic tires. I’m gonna use one as a spare and sell the other 3. They will be brand-new rubber with a full Discount Tire replacement warranty on stock Performance 20 inch wheels. If amyone needs one, Pm me!

Reactions: Dan_LA
I’ve got 2 M3s, one with 20 inchers and
one with 18 aero wheels. Both have the Discount Tire warranty. The 20s were about $220, and the 18s were about $190. I’ve also got four OEM 20 inch performance
wheels at Discount Tire waiting for Tesla acoustic tires. I’m gonna use one as a spare and sell the other 3. They will be brand-new rubber with a full Discount Tire replacement warranty on stock Performance 20 inch wheels. If amyone needs one, Pm me!

will check if America Tires have something similar. Thanks for sharing info here!

Reactions: Jaywlker
will check if America Tires have something similar. Thanks for sharing info here!

We've bought tires for our past cars from America's Tires and bought the warranty from them. Came in handy a few times when we had a slow leak from a puncture. The last time we were down there which was before selling our last ICE vehicle we asked about tires for Teslas and at the time they didn't have the acoustic tires. I'd definitely say check them out now since it's been several months.

Reactions: Jaywlker