Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

flat tire experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I bought the Tesla kit but wasn't too keen on the liquid patching concept. I rarely get flat tires but when they happened they always happened at the most inconvenient time. After I bought the Tesla pump kit, I discovered Modern Spare tire kit. I plan to just carry this in the trunk as good insurance before I begin my traveling plans later this summer.

On the Model S, I was thinking it might take up less trunk space by strapping it upright against the back seat back. Any thoughts on how best to store it in a new 2020 Model S?

Reactions: Wol747

i can see this working on a model3, but i would not use it on a S or X.
I remember when i had a flat that required roadside, they brought out a 19 inch factory rim, installed it, and sent me off on my way with the option of either taking my flat to a service center, or i could take it to my independant tire shop.

I chose the later, got the tire replaced, and then drove to the service center to drop off the loaner rim.

On the Model S, I was thinking it might take up less trunk space by strapping it upright against the back seat back. Any thoughts on how best to store it in a new 2020 Model S?

I was always curious if you could put it in the fronk, and i usually don't use it as its not motorized, and i am the typical entitled Tesla owner that needs the car to do everything for me. :cool:

I dont have anything else in there, but i never had a chance to test it out.

For now, I'm just going to keep it in the trunk. Better there if I need it than at home in the garage. So far hasn't bothered me while driving around town. Plenty of room left for our luggage on road trips too. Have it and not need it is better than needing it and not having it.

IMG_1835.jpgIMG_1838.jpg IMG_1839.jpg

The upright position rides well and is held in place with the Modern Spare included strap. It does block some of the rear window but leaves enough open glass to see behind the car from the rear view mirror. I will normally just keep it down for local driving. Glad it can ride in both positions.