Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flatout Suspension Coilovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, like Bilstein or KW......
Bilsteins are fine for what generally? Lowering and OEM replacement. Can they be serious for motorsports? Sure, but big money and custom valving at that point. Are they valved differently for each platform? I believe they are. They work as well as new OEM on my Forester.

KW? Some good stuff for not a lot of money. I don't want to go with spacers to raise them.

Ohlins? I like the double adjustable bodies. High quality stuff. Gotta spend a lot more to get their really good gear. They do develop for each platform, though maybe stiffer than I'd prefer as I'm more R than T these days.

Of the options we have, MPP and Redwood look the best. I'd love to have other options. I'd take a set of nicely valved Bilsteins and maybe a spacer lift, just because it's cheap, but that's not some high performance option. They might just fix what Tesla did horrible wrong with stock suspension. Maybe.

The Taiwanese factory? Largely just churning out cheap, poorly made junk. Poor tolerances. Worse ride. At least you get a herra frush look. Can they be pretty good? Sure, somebody can develop them for a specific application. Winning races is usually a lot more about the driver than the hardware, though. Those drivers would likely be faster with Penskes and the same amount of development time/experience.

Since people won't click through to the article, were these your mounts?

"Day 1 marked the ID 4's biggest mechanical failure. During the first special stage the aftermarket rear shock mounts broke. Foust was able to complete the stage where the team swapped those aftermarket rally shocks with the stock setup"

Reactions: Welbach1
Since people won't click through to the article, were these your mounts?

"Day 1 marked the ID 4's biggest mechanical failure. During the first special stage the aftermarket rear shock mounts broke. Foust was able to complete the stage where the team swapped those aftermarket rally shocks with the stock setup"

No, actually they used some sort of HD mount from another company, on the VW with out shocks the OEM mounts are intended to be used. The part that broke was the upper mount, not the shock itself.

i wanted to order a SR Kit for my Model S, could you provide me some Dynos and infos like spring rate and such? is it a linear curve? does the knob change both compression and rebound?

I will get both of those for you! Is yours single or dual motor?

The SR standard configuration is linear (we build them with comfort in mind).

These are 1-way shocks, so rebound only.

Few requests for some shock information...

Tesla Front.png

Tesla Rear.png

Tesla Front Open.png

Tesla Front Closed.png

Tesla Rear Open.png

Tesla Rear Closed.png

Reactions: Welbach1