Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try Unplugged Performance: Dirt and Snow Coilovers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone heard or experience this product? It's rather pricey, and not a whole lot of data out there

Dirt And Snow Offroad Coilover Kit For Tesla Model Y
theres a thread here:

i dont know that you'll learn much though hah

The silence is deafening.
I am still going back and forth between the spacers, springs, or coilovers. I definitely somehow want a ~1.75" lift and am willing to pay for periodic CV joint replacement.
Technically the UPP coilover approach seems to make the most sense. But it is expensive, shop intensive, and the lack of practical reviews is troubling. Particularly difficult for me as I am far from a major metropolitan area and its hard to find shops willing to play with Teslas.
The spacer approach (MPP, others) is least expensive, most easily reversed, seems to be most popular, and yet least technically "correct" as it may result in damper damage. This seems the best approach if you want the look but don't actually intend to ride the rough roads.
Using higher springs (Eibach pro-lift, others) seems the least talked about approach. Only slightly more expensive than the spacers, gives you more range of suspension, but still has the problem of dampers bottoming out on extension, and is somewhat harder to revert to stock configuration.
What to do.

The silence is deafening.
I am still going back and forth between the spacers, springs, or coilovers. I definitely somehow want a ~1.75" lift and am willing to pay for periodic CV joint replacement.
Technically the UPP coilover approach seems to make the most sense. But it is expensive, shop intensive, and the lack of practical reviews is troubling. Particularly difficult for me as I am far from a major metropolitan area and its hard to find shops willing to play with Teslas.
The spacer approach (MPP, others) is least expensive, most easily reversed, seems to be most popular, and yet least technically "correct" as it may result in damper damage. This seems the best approach if you want the look but don't actually intend to ride the rough roads.
Using higher springs (Eibach pro-lift, others) seems the least talked about approach. Only slightly more expensive than the spacers, gives you more range of suspension, but still has the problem of dampers bottoming out on extension, and is somewhat harder to revert to stock configuration.
What to do.
i only got the MPP spacers to clear deep snow not really to ride on rough roads.. i also didnt want to throw out brand new shocks on a brand new Y so i figured i could go the cheap route now and then go for new coilovers in a couple years (of course its been ~3 years now so maybe time to start looking at that)