Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flimsy Frunk lid.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spokey, Yeah, the grommets play into this. I asked the SC if they could check and adjust those the last time I was in because I thought it might be off but they said they were OK. The grommets can also impact how high/low the frunk sits so, depending on how things line up or not, you may have to trade off closing force vs alignment.

I picked my MY back in March, took it back a few weeks later because the frunk was misaligned and when opening would rub up by the windshield. Ended up that to nuts that held it in place were not tight so it could slide a bit side to side. When we got it back it would stick up on the drives side in the center of the hood about 1/4” for about a foot in length higher than the passenger side. Since it was the end of the day and I had a 8 hr drive back home we scheduled another appointment for when I was going to be around the service center. Just took it back Monday and was told that the hood was bent and since it was after the 24 hours there is nothing they will do for it. Project this weekend - Learn to re-bend aluminum. If that does not work, hood $550 and another $500 for painting.

I also never use my frunk due to how delicate it is to close.

I remember when my wife called me saying she accidentally opened the frunk and was afraid to close it. I calmly stepped her through where to press down and then panicked until she came home and I could check if the frunk was dented or not…

Reactions: tmartin