Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM Radio Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
My FM Radio used to show a bunch of stations, now there is nothing. So I direct tuned a few stations but I don't remember all the local stations, is there a way for it to search for them? Also, pressing the forward/backward arrows only goes to station 87.7, nothing else. I'm on the latest software update, 2019.32.1.

My FM Radio used to show a bunch of stations, now there is nothing. So I direct tuned a few stations but I don't remember all the local stations, is there a way for it to search for them? Also, pressing the forward/backward arrows only goes to station 87.7, nothing else. I'm on the latest software update, 2019.32.1.

Are you sure they are gone? I notice many times in either TuneIn or Streaming that most of my saved stuff is gone, until I hit on of the options in that part of the music app and go back and voila, they are back.
For FM, hit favorites and then some of the other choices and then back to favorites and see if they come back.

You can try a reboot.

There are other FM radio glitches going on. Several people have reported that it won't play. Mine shows my saved favorite stations but I can't select any of them and the one that it is on doesn't play and shows a spinning icon.

There are other FM radio glitches going on. Several people have reported that it won't play. Mine shows my saved favorite stations but I can't select any of them and the one that it is on doesn't play and shows a spinning icon.
I started a thread on this. My FM Radio has done the exact same thing. Tesla service contacted me and basically told me to attempt to play the FM radio, log the time/date and report it back to them. They got back to me about 2-3 days after I had reported the information and told me they had to order a new radio. when the mobile tech arrives for the service call, Im going to be asking him/her many questions. This seems very odd.