Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Focus rect for first unread post no longer visible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
With the new black bar styling of the section that contains the post number, the focus rect around the post is no longer visible. I use this rect every day in every thread to avoid rereading posts that I've already read. The scenario is when you click the blue arrow that jumps to to the first unread post of a thread in your sub-forum thread list or New Posts page.

Please consider reviving this functionality by either brightening the black bar so that the focus rect is still visible or changing the focus rect color to something brighter.

Thanks.

TMCFocusRectLocation.png

Last edited:
.postbitdeleted .posthead {
background: url("images/buttons/newbtn_middle.png") repeat-x rgb(25, 25, 25); font: 12px/normal Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; margin: -1px -1px 0px; padding: 4px 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(90, 127, 151); width: 100%; height: 16px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: table; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; _background-image: none;
}

The red part is the issue.

You could also try something like:

.postcounter:focus { outline: 1px dotted white; }

Hm, that doesn't work when I try to simulate it locally though. Hrm.

The seems to be a decent alternative (and works with my local testing):

.postcounter:focus { background-color: maroon; }

Last edited:
When you "jump to first unread", it isn't always at the top of the browser window. In fact, most of the time it is not -- if you keep yourself fairly. As a result, when you "jump to first unread" there is a desire (at least for me) of an indicator of which is the first of the unread posts that are on screen. Previously, the focus rect around the 'postcounter' element served that purpose. With the new color scheme, the focus rect is invisible.

For comparison, the TM forum offers a better solution here: all unread posts are tagged as "New" in red text.