Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folded rear seat + 2 kids - any solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out how to have two kids in rear seat with 1/3 of it folded?

We've had Model S for about a year now and are still trying to figure out logistics of going to Tahoe. Due to glass roof - there is no "easy" option of carrying skis/snowboard outside the car - so we fold the smaller/right seat down. This - unfortunately - leaves very little room for two young kids (6 & 8) and their car seats. I had to revert to "bubble bum" for one of them and getting to seatbelt buckle is always an issue - so I use buckle extenders. Also simple boosters are not super comfortable due to lack of side support/something to lean against.

Doing research I found Maxi-Cosi RodiFix and Radian seats that claim to be more narrow than typical - I will try them if nobody already figured out solution.

Anybody facing same problem and figured it out?

Thank you
Aleks

I looked at SeaSucker - looks like a very interesting idea. Curious what it would do to the range (currently I make it from Tahoe to Bay Area with 60 miles to spare on fully charged 90D) but it is certainly an option worth looking into.

Thank you for suggestion...

I have a sea sucker for bicycle transportation. Keeps a dirty MTB outside of the car . I’m guessing a bike Is worse compared to ski equipment , but it seriously hits range hard at interstate speeds . I average over 430 wh/m with it on for speeds in the 70’s on hilly terrain .
It’s a great temporary solution though . Just expect to charge more and have reduced range