Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For a Tech company Tesla sure is clueless: Rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before deciding on a buyout I searched the Tesla used car site and AutoTrader type sites and my S was in the ballpark. Of course, prices fluctuate more on a Tesla than any other it appears. My options (in my mind) were to buy another brand (just no!) , a 90D used or new Model S. I hemmed and hawed plenty over it and decided a buyout with a car I know is the best way. Many stories of Tesla issues on used sales. Too many to mention. That also gave me pause.

Funny thing is I planned on buying this car in 2016 and the DAY BEFORE pick-up changed it to a lease. Mostly due to Tesla making so many changes. 3 years later and the changes are just not worth another 40k to me for basically the same car

Before deciding on a buyout I searched the Tesla used car site and AutoTrader type sites and my S was in the ballpark. Of course, prices fluctuate more on a Tesla than any other it appears. My options (in my mind) were to buy another brand (just no!) , a 90D used or new Model S. I hemmed and hawed plenty over it and decided a buyout with a car I know is the best way. Many stories of Tesla issues on used sales. Too many to mention. That also gave me pause.

Funny thing is I planned on buying this car in 2016 and the DAY BEFORE pick-up changed it to a lease. Mostly due to Tesla making so many changes. 3 years later and the changes are just not worth another 40k to me for basically the same car

Exactly the same boat as you are and our MS's are roughly the same age. Except I haven't uncorked mine yet. :)

Reactions: Chopr147
Yes. In June 2016 I believe the difference from a 60D to a 75D was $9000
When Tesla did the upgrade for $2000 I jumped at the chance. My upstate trips in the winter were becoming range anxiety trips. The upgrade fixed that. And the uncorking was a bonus :)

How long b/f they discounted to $2k from 6/16. I hope they do something similar w/ SR 3 upgrades

Yes all states are different. Leasing then buying is never a financially sound decision,I get that. In NY we pay tax on lease value then sale value at buyout time. At least in taxes it's the same either way.... mostly. 8.5% for me. :eek: I am buying because i do not want to spend the $ on a new Tesla. Simple as that.