Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 6C2D4CFA-197A-4F4F-84D5-4E0A99F4AD52.jpeg
    6C2D4CFA-197A-4F4F-84D5-4E0A99F4AD52.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 79
All I've got under "shop" are Tesla Insurance (CA only), Accesories, Charging, and Apparel.
(Car already has lifetime premium connectivity and FSD)

Same, except I have the connectivity tile, since I only have 1-yr of free premium. I also have a 1120990-00 rear drive unit; I very well may not be able to take advantage of said boost. Time will tell - doesn't really matter; last thing my LR AWD needs is more power. If it's really a $2k option, I'll save my $2k and go take a cruise instead.

• Disagree
Reactions: catware
The plot thickens…..

I live in Europe and have a 990 rear unit. On my Tesla page it shows the "The Acceleration Boost upgrade.....". Also the car has the 2019.40.2 SW version. Not sure that I really want to throw USD 2k after it though, expecially since it will likely be 3k+ where I live. Standard AP on mine (no FSD)

• Informative
Reactions: anti and Sherlo
The plot thickens…..

I live in Europe and have a 990 rear unit. On my Tesla page it shows the "The Acceleration Boost upgrade.....". Also the car has the 2019.40.2 SW version. Not sure that I really want to throw USD 2k after it though, expecially since it will likely be 3k+ where I live. Standard AP on mine (no FSD)

From the screen shots I've seen it shows that only as a one line disclaimer about the SW version needed... not as an actual thing you can buy

And even that only appears underneath the "buy FSD" dialog

So I'm not sure anything there is specific to the car other than "doesn't have FSD" or indicates it'll be available.

What we need is someone with a P and no FSD to tell us if that disclaimer text appears for them- that'd confirm it's in no way car-specific at this point and just a general disclaimer.

Reactions: Sherlo
Here’s what I see, and I have a P3D-. I get the feeling some negligent web developer forgot to hide that text for P owners, since there’s no option for me to select it. Or anyone for that matter, since we’d see an option to actually buy it from those who qualify. It’s a leak, the best kind, though I bet someone’s getting yelled at this morning...

Source: having, uh, done the same thing once in my career.

969F36C1-BF10-43FC-BB85-7CD14B4343DB.png

Reactions: phantasms
Here’s what I see, and I have a P3D-. I get the feeling some negligent web developer forgot to hide that text for P owners, since there’s no option for me to select it. Or anyone for that matter, since we’d see an option to actually buy it from those who qualify. It’s a leak, the best kind, though I bet someone’s getting yelled at this morning...

Source: having, uh, done the same thing once in my career.

View attachment 489607

It appears everyone can see it, who doesn't have FSD, and we don't yet know who it's available for. My dream scenario would be it would bring the AWD to a stealth P and then it would be ludicrous for the P so thennnn we can continue this thread and I can complain that I can't get ludicrous because "waaahhh it's the same physical car". :)

Best,
Gene