Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everybody’s getting updates 😭. Haven’t seen my EDD change since 9/19. CA folks getting no love 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7893.jpeg
    IMG_7893.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 84
Seems like assignments are a mix of order date and randomness all over the US deliveries. I got my VIN assigned over the weekend with scheduled delivery this Thursday. I'm down in SoCal also.

@Hbcubs I'm in SF Bay Area and mine hadn't changed since 9/19 either, but it just updated:

Ordered 9/8
EDD 1 (9/8): Oct-Nov 2023
EDD 2 (9/19): Oct 23 - Dec 4
EDD 3 (10/9): Oct 25 - Nov 29

Nice to see some CA movement. I’m guessing folks who ordered that first week are getting updates. Wonder how often Tesla produces a batch of Plaids.

It really is based on your location I think due to transit time. If going by my experience,

[Sat] I was assigned a VIN. Found out that that was the build date as well. So seems like they assign the VIN same day build is complete
[Sun] Received notification to schedule delivery (I’m located in Los Angeles area).
[Mon] Received notice that vehicle is on site and that I can pick up earlier than my scheduled delivery date

Reactions: chrsgerhart
It really is based on your location I think due to transit time. If going by my experience,

[Sat] I was assigned a VIN. Found out that that was the build date as well. So seems like they assign the VIN same day build is complete
[Sun] Received notification to schedule delivery (I’m located in Los Angeles area).
[Mon] Received notice that vehicle is on site and that I can pick up earlier than my scheduled delivery date
That makes sense. Our car has to go from Fremont to Florida, so that will definitely take some time.

Hey all, does Tesla assign inventory to people with orders in the same area with exact same config? I do see a config in the inventory which is exactly what I ordered. Is this someone else's reject possibly?
Could or could not. Since you're in the Bay Area, chances are high it's a VIN that was rejected by @sarugby4life haha He's been rejecting VINs left and right, waiting for that elusive perfect Tesla unicorn build ;)

Last edited: