Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to spam but to be sure, I wanted to ask, is it normal for Tesla to widely dump all demos in the middle of a quarter rather than at the end of a quarter?
If this was a month from now, I wouldn't bat an eye assuming it's pumping quarterly sales. But now...?
Over the past couple months I’ve noticed several demo “dumps”. Wouldn’t look too much into it.

Finally took delivery. Overall process was smooth-ish. Had to wait for FedChoice to finalize the wire, which took about an hour. The SC was nice enough to let me take a S to grab breakfast while we waited. Build quality is really good. No major gaps and alignment looks fantastic. I think we got lucky with the build quality.

Best of luck to everybody else who’s still waiting. Thanks for the company during this wait.
IMG_1154.jpeg
IMG_1156.jpeg

Finally took delivery. Overall process was smooth-ish. Had to wait for FedChoice to finalize the wire, which took about an hour. The SC was nice enough to let me take a S to grab breakfast while we waited. Build quality is really good. No major gaps and alignment looks fantastic. I think we got lucky with the build quality.

Best of luck to everybody else who’s still waiting. Thanks for the company during this wait.View attachment 994450View attachment 994451
Upland! Good to hear they were cool

Best of luck to everybody else who’s still waiting. Thanks for the company during this wait.View attachment 994450View attachment 994451
Nice almost the same configuration as mine . I’d the interior white or cream?

I’d like to think that the quality of fit and finish with your car is more of the norm, representative of the majority under the bell curve; we tend to only hear from those with outlier type of experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve been exposed to TSLAQ manufactured tales once or twice.

Upland! Good to hear they were cool
They were more than accommodating. I was turning in my MYLR lease but hadn’t performed the inspection so didn’t have a scheduled return. Their staff was kind enough to do the inspection there and close out my lease. No excess wear charges! Finance would check with us every 10 minutes until they confirmed receipt of the wire. They gave us a goodie bag with Tesla insulated water bottles and a few totes because we had to wait (or they might do this for everybody).

I think we’re so used to hearing horror stories. This experience was definitely a 10/10 at Upland. Perhaps it’s because we were taking delivery of a PLAID 😂

Reactions: Solidred
OD: 9/13 white on white XP, steering wheel, 20”
Edd: oct-Nov
2nd Edd: Nov 8th- Dec 13
3rd Edd: Nov 19th-Dec 10
4th Edd: Nov 25-Dec 16
5th Edd: Nov 26-Dec 16
6th Edd: Nov 27- Dec 16
So day to day now. Hopefully Vin assign soon
VIN assigned this morning. PF426XXX
Est delivery: Dec 2-8

Question: there is a tab on Final Payment(Make your final payment to avoid delay). I’m paying with cashier check from my bank account. Do I just leave that alone or do I have to speak to an SA to let them know that?

Question: there is a tab on Final Payment(Make your final payment to avoid delay). I’m paying with cashier check from my bank account. Do I just leave that alone or do I have to speak to an SA to let them know that?
Leave it alone, you can pay with the check when you pick up…I’d recommend inspecting the vehicle first before handing over the check also.

Do you know the build date? Seems like this was built after Nov 15 when it was expected they'd switch over to 2024 VIN's

Reactions: WiseShepherd
Do you know the build date? Seems like this was built after Nov 15 when it was expected they'd switch over to 2024 VIN's
I don’t but I know for sure that they are building the PF426 batch right now. I don’t know when they are gonna switch over to 2024. Could be next week could be next month. I don’t care about the model year so I’m keeping it if the car has no defects.

My last EDD was November 24 - December 1

Now , it completely disappeared

The message says they will let me know when it’s time to continue with my pre-delivery tasks
My loan was already wired but I rejected the car due to issues. Let’s see how this is going to turn out.

Any one actually in their EDD without a VIN yet? I still have a pretty large window, but expected it to move prior to actually being in the window with out a VIN.

MXP/20"/Cream
Order Date: 9/25
EDD3: 11/30 - 1/4
Yes, I've gotten within my EDD multiple times and I have a delivery window of 11/30 -12/17.
MXP/Red/Cream/20/Wheel. Not far from Fremont. Ordered 9/17.

Reactions: stringTheory
Any one actually in their EDD without a VIN yet? I still have a pretty large window, but expected it to move prior to actually being in the window with out a VIN.

MXP/20"/Cream
Order Date: 9/25
EDD3: 11/30 - 1/4
I bumped up against my EDD 9 times and each time it was pushed the next day. I took delivery 20 days from the first time I hit the EDD so that gives you a data point. Given that logic you’re looking at mid December.

Reactions: stringTheory