Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my plaid on 11/14, not quite a month ago. My EDD is Feb 1 - Mar 28.

If I placed an order today for the same thing, the EDD on the order page is a month sooner. In all fairness tho, mine started as Jan - Feb, then got pushed back a month.

1702141124234.png

Finally VIN'd. PF427

They updated mine early as well, but still the once day shift.

Plaid UR, Cream Interior, 20" Wheels
Order Date - 9/20, in SF Bay Area
EDD1: November - December
EDD2: 11/26 - 12/31
EDD3: 12/1 - 12/22 (updated 11/26)
EDD4: 12/2 - 12/23 (updated 12/2)
EDD5: 12/3 - 12/23 (updated 12/3)
EDD6: 12/4 - 12/23 (updated 12/4)
EDD7: 12/5 - 12/23 (updated 12/5)
EDD8: 12/6 - 12/23 (updated 12/6)
EDD9: 12/7 - 12/23 (updated 12/6...yes, a day early this time)
EDD10: 12/9 - 12/16
Delivery scheduled for Wednesday morning, 12/13.

So, maybe a dumb question - they are delivering it to me. When I got my M3, I went to Fremont to pick it up.

How does the car review and "fix it" stuff work for remote delivery?

Reactions: WiseShepherd

So, maybe a dumb question - they are delivering it to me. When I got my M3, I went to Fremont to pick it up.

I was given the home delivery option and asked if I can still inspect and reject if it’s not to my liking…they said no. So I chose to drive to Dublin to pick it up (also picked up M3 in Fremont but this time they gave me Dublin as an option and it’s closer for me).
Now if you’re ok to just accept the car and have them fix any issue you find, yes that’s an option, you’ll probably have to schedule service call.

Are you saying you ordered Oct 23? I haven't heard of October orders with VINS yet unless it was a rejection
Well it is a 428..... new build, so less chance for a rejection. And starting 12/2 I was receiving EDD's of 12/2 - 12/23 that got updated everyday, then on 12/7 moved to 12/7 - 12/24. So it would appear it was in the plan. It probably also helps that the delivery center is 2 hours from the factory.

Well it is a 428..... new build, so less chance for a rejection. And starting 12/2 I was receiving EDD's of 12/2 - 12/24 that got updated everyday. It probably also helps that the delivery center is 2 hours from the factory.
Yeah I'm sure it's not a rejection because of the VIN, that's why it's so surprising to see then building a late Oct order. Looks like the order velocity really fell off after the initial buyers in early Sept jumped on the price drop

Yeah I'm sure it's not a rejection because of the VIN, that's why it's so surprising to see then building a late Oct order. Looks like the order velocity really fell off after the initial buyers in early Sept jumped on the price drop
Interestingly there are several here from California who ordered Plaids' in September and were all getting VIN's days before me - despite ordering 1 month before. My guess is they built a bunch of Plaid's recently to fulfill those orders. Just set up delivery for this Wednesday.

Anyone with SG get a vin recently? I'm at Dec 10-29. Waiting impatiently.
Mine is SG i ordered 9/18, got my VIN dec 6, window keeps narrowing and today it just changed to EDD DEC 17-22, (next week). So i am expecting some more information towards the end of the week to maybe schedule a pickup. I am assuming it is maybe on the way since i am in VA and it's made in CA.

Reactions: WiseShepherd

Delivery day today! Almost 3 hours into delivery window and no communication. Working with the window shade open in case they have forgotten to notify me that it's on it's way. So....not surprised.