Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to sum this up and give another start to finish datapoint.

Order Date: 9/25 Order MXP Red/Cream Interior/20"/Steering Wheel/Seattle
EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD2: Nov 22nd - Jan 3 (9/28)
EDD3: Nov 30th - Jan 4th (11/21)
EDD4: December 2nd - December 26th (11/30)
Then started the one day slide for about a week or so until today. Just got my VIN 2023 428xxx
EDD10: VIN 2023 428xxx December 14th - December 20th (12/11)

Delivery date: 12/13, everything looked great. Fit and finish better than expected. Very happy with the build. Also, now understand everyones gripes about the lack of front camera, haha.

Just got the VIN (2023) and the message on the change with no USS. The message asks me to accept with the “proceed to delivery” button. Once I click that, do I get delivery date options? Or how quickly after VIN assignment do you get delivery date options?

MXP - Ultra Red with Cream interior and a steering wheel on 20" wheels.
OD 9/15
VIN assigned 12/1 - PF426* (2023)
77 days from order to VIN.
Delivered 12/14 (Picked up on NJ).

The car is absolutely beautiful and awesome!

A few observations from my 250+ mile ride home:
  • Good build quality
  • There are no issues with FWD, doors, trunk, frunk, captain chairs, etc.
  • No rattles or squeaks
  • Very quiet and very comfortable

My current EDD is Dec 30 - Feb 3, which has a one in 5 chance it'll arrive the week we're in Mexico. :rolleyes:

How hard is it to designate a proxy to take delivery? The nearest SC is 200 miles away.
I don't think a proxy is allowed. At least in CA it is not. It specifically stated ALL registered owners must be present with ID so if you have both you and someone else on the registration, you both must be there for pickup.

Picked my car up today. Had some assorted gaps/ alignment stuff. Nothing keeping me from taking delivery but stuff the service center thought haad a good chance of being addressable on Monday (and they said to be sure and bring it to them to make sure it won't just be blown off as within spec).
One of the falcon wing doors must have a bad sensor because it will open up no matter where you stand... I learned this the hard way. They said it very likely would be a quick sensor replacement.
Also I noticed if I turn the steering wheel all the way left there is a rubbing sound which I assume is the wheel. Didn't get a chance to ask about that one.
Finally, this is probably just an "ID-10-T" user issue but it's like full dark in the car. No ambient lighting or dome light so not sure if I just need to figure out how to turn that on or something is off.
But hey otherwise, car is awesome! ;)

Reactions: EvoL
Picked my car up today. Had some assorted gaps/ alignment stuff. Nothing keeping me from taking delivery but stuff the service center thought haad a good chance of being addressable on Monday (and they said to be sure and bring it to them to make sure it won't just be blown off as within spec).
One of the falcon wing doors must have a bad sensor because it will open up no matter where you stand... I learned this the hard way. They said it very likely would be a quick sensor replacement.
Also I noticed if I turn the steering wheel all the way left there is a rubbing sound which I assume is the wheel. Didn't get a chance to ask about that one.
Finally, this is probably just an "ID-10-T" user issue but it's like full dark in the car. No ambient lighting or dome light so not sure if I just need to figure out how to turn that on or something is off.
But hey otherwise, car is awesome! ;)
The default is no dome lights or ambient (footwell) lights. Check your settings :)

Reactions: Potterton
My EDD got pushed out a month. Guess I don't need to worry about delivery during our week of in January now.

Ordered 11/14/2023
MX Plaid, Ultra Red/Cream, 20's, yoke
EDD1: Jan - Feb
EDD2: Feb 1 - Mar -28 (updated 11/17)
EDD3: Dec 30 - Feb 3 (updated 12/12)
EDD4: Jan 25 - Mar 7 (updated 12/19)

Took delivery in rain, Ultra Red/white/yoke/20". Still managed to do a reasonably good inspection, 1 panel gap with FWD they measured is slightly out of spec but allignment is perfect so I am not gonna mess with it. Other than that interior was immaculate. No issues no vibrations etc.
The kicker is I had already made the final payment and everything from the financial end was done. At the delivery time I showed them my CT order and asked if it's too late to get my 1k discount. The delivery guy made a call and I instantly got a revised MVPA with total 1500 discount now (500 self referral+1000 CT order). Was very surprised coz I never even got the email for the 1k CT off, the only email I got was an invite to design the Signature edition which I have no interest in.

Conclusion: If u have a CT order placed before launch event, definitely ask them and get the 1k discount.

Reactions: towndrunk
Took delivery in rain, Ultra Red/white/yoke/20". Still managed to do a reasonably good inspection, 1 panel gap with FWD they measured is slightly out of spec but allignment is perfect so I am not gonna mess with it. Other than that interior was immaculate. No issues no vibrations etc.
The kicker is I had already made the final payment and everything from the financial end was done. At the delivery time I showed them my CT order and asked if it's too late to get my 1k discount. The delivery guy made a call and I instantly got a revised MVPA with total 1500 discount now (500 self referral+1000 CT order). Was very surprised coz I never even got the email for the 1k CT off, the only email I got was an invite to design the Signature edition which I have no interest in.

Conclusion: If u have a CT order placed before launch event, definitely ask them and get the 1k discount.
Same here. I never got the email but I called and they revised my price to add the $1000 Cybertruck discount. If you have a Cybertruck order and are taking delivery of your X before year end, definitely check with Tesla cause you'll qualify

I took my delivery on Thursday in Richmond. Process took just a few minutes looked over car and found nothing wrong. Was it as perfect as Mercedes no but there was nothing I saw that looked bad. We did a short inspection before I handed over my check. When I did he said our inspection revealed passenger window was a little slow so we will send mobile tech out to replace. I’ll post some better pics once I get back next week from ppf and ceramic