Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - 2022 Model Y Long Range Reservation Transfer - EDD 02/2022 - Houston, TX - White/White - 7 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Sale - 2022 Model Y Long Range Reservation Transfer - EDD 02/2022 - Houston, TX - White/White - 7 Seater

We have been waiting for 8 months and the build was delayed a couple of times so it should be one of the first coming out of the new Gigafactory in Austin, TX utilizing the new 4680 battery packs that were presented at battery day. Will know more once they assign the VIN. Asking $10K for the reservation

AB2148BC-F280-4EF0-8985-6FAAEE8A0093.jpeg

15A5EAA5-E9DA-4CA7-8D7B-2BCD629662A7.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I know the seller personally, for many years. I have also purchased vehicles from him in the past. He is honest and extremely fair.

I'm sure he will work out a fair deal for someone that maybe interested in saving time and getting a new Model Y, without the long wait, or recent pricing.

Good luck,

Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn’t aware you could sell a reservation and at a mark-up no less. Would Tesla honor such a transaction? And in the spirit of looking up posts - feel free to look up mine. Don’t think you will find anything objectionable in them. Asking because I’m curious. And yes, if I desired to buy this, I could..

Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn’t aware you could sell a reservation and at a mark-up no less. Would Tesla honor such a transaction? And in the spirit of looking up posts - feel free to look up mine. Don’t think you will find anything objectionable in them. Asking because I’m curious. And yes, if I desired to buy this, I could..
Did a little research, and unless you can explain it differently, I don’t think this is allowed by Tesla. Here is a post I found elsewhere on the forum that pastes Tesla’s rules for reservations. Only way I see it, is if you complete transaction and sell car. Otherwise, another buyer bears all the risk that Tesla cancels the transaction. Please explain otherwise. Thanks.

You can technically "transfer" a reservation as long as the original purchaser hasn't entered in their details beyond the initial order screen. Once identification info such as a DL is entered, it can no longer be updated to show anyone else' details for registration at the time of delivery.

Same vehicle configured today is $62,990, with a July delivery date.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Skipdd
You can technically "transfer" a reservation as long as the original purchaser hasn't entered in their details beyond the initial order screen. Once identification info such as a DL is entered, it can no longer be updated to show anyone else' details for registration at the time of delivery.

Thanks for that. Sobasically asking a $5k premium for a 6 month improvement in delivery date, assuming the reservation has limited info as you describe. Giventhe others I’veseen advertised and the fact that there is actually some inventory appearing from Tesla, this isa terrible deal.

I just configured the same Model Y, and total comes to $64,440

Copied directly from Tesla's site:

Your Model Y​

1. Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  2. Pearl White Paint
  3. 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  4. Black and White Premium Interior
  5. Seven Seat Interior
  6. Autopilot
  7. 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial

Show Details
Financing selection will be confirmed after order

CashLeaseLoan
    • Vehicle Price$62,990
    • Destination & doc fee$1,200
    • Order fee$250
  • Your Model Y$64,440

And, did Tesla discontinue 5 and 7 seat models? By looking at the order page, that also seems to be the case.

Strange, I only see 5 and 7 seat options... no mention of a 6 seater?

Nevermind, you didn't include the destination fee, which is included in OP's cost.

Reactions: voxel
I just configured the same Model Y, and total comes to $64,440

Copied directly from Tesla's site:

Your Model Y​

1. Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  2. Pearl White Paint
  3. 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  4. Black and White Premium Interior
  5. Seven Seat Interior
  6. Autopilot
  7. 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial

Show Details
Financing selection will be confirmed after order

CashLeaseLoan
    • Vehicle Price$62,990
    • Destination & doc fee$1,200
    • Order fee$250
  • Your Model Y$64,440

Strange, I only see 5 and 7 seat options... no mention of a 6 seater?

I think you defaulted in 20" wheels there that are not in the original. Explains the before-taxes $2k difference.

waiting 6 months is definitely worth 10k. what a deal.
You can also snag an inventory car via Discord or FB groups that notify you when a car pops up. The OP also never listed the order price too…. which is a bit shady.
It's actually $5K not $10K since pricing went up from the manufacturer. You can see the order price in Post #4 so it's open book if you can read.