Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale - CHAdeMO Adapter - barely used

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barely used Chademo Adapter for sale. Used 3 to 4 times. Still in box.

Sold my Model S...no need for it anymore.

Price including shipping in the US - $400

IMG_6911.JPG

There is a firmware update available for the older adapters. The SC can update the firmware for you.

Anyone ready for a laugh?

Ok, so I am continually surprised by the tech Tesla provides. And when I read your post, I read that the SC (SuperCharger) can update the firmware. I first thought that was amazing. Then I really questioned how as the supercharger cannot connect to the adapter. I started thinking about wireless comm options between the supercharger and the adapter.

Yeah, I finally realized that the SC (Service Center) can update the firmware. Makes a LOT more sense.

But with Tesla, the first didn't seem as impossible as it would with any other brand.

While I've been passively watching for one of these, it doesn't seem like the prices at the charging stations (at least here out west) seems to be reasonable, one had a $2+ per-minute charge on top of a usage charge? What's the norm?
I'm not endorsing them, but they seem to have a wide coverage area. Lookup your state on nrgevgo.com for fees. Usually a monthly fee and $0.10 to $0.15 per minute.

Near me are EVgo stations, which look like they are $4.95 + .20c per minute if you dont want to pay for a monthly membership. Blink are $.69/kWh which seems very high. Chargepoint is all over the board because I think they let the merchant who installed the unit set the price.

I have a Tesla adapter from about a year ago that works good. My friend bought a new one from Tesla and it won't charge. He called Tesla and they said there is a bug and blamed the Fast Charge station, Blink and EVGO. Yet my year old one works fine. They gave him no idea of how long for them to fix his new one. The Tesla Service Center told him you can't software upgrade or down grade them.

CAUTION- Don't buy a new one unless you can be guaranteed it will work. If you buy a new or old one test it as soon as you can.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby